SPAM: anyone here eat it?

Lifesaver during WW2... The difficulty of delivering fresh meat to the front during World War II saw Spam become a ubiquitous part of the U.S. soldier's diet. It became variously referred to as "ham that didn't pass its physical", "meatloaf without basic training"

The Russians called it Roosevelt or American Sausage...

It's been years since I had it but I will eat it with eggs and will buy a couple cans for the winter...

Anyone here ever eat SPAM? I took advice of co worker and fried some up in my 12” iron skillet. Then put a slice of sharp cheddar from Amish near me on it. Pretty good I must confess. I don’t eat it often though.
I grill it outside once a month or so cut about a quarter inch thick. Apply barbecue sauce both sides while grilling. Delicious!

I was on Oahu years ago and went into a Rite Aid pharmacy. Smack dab in the middle of the isle was a HUGE pallet of Spam on sale. They had all kinds of different flavors I'd never heard of. Garlic, BBQ, spicy, smoked plus a bunch more. I guess they really like the stuff over there.

Absolutely it’s a classic here in the south so is Treet both are great. We usually fry it up and eat it with eggs and some toast with apple butter on the side. Now you have got me wanting some of both lol.

Absolutely it’s a classic here in the south so is Treet both are great. We usually fry it up and eat it with eggs and some toast with apple butter on the side. Now you have got me wanting some of both lol.

it’s not that bad. I’m amazed my grandparents are bacon, eggs, biscuits and other unhealthy foods back in their day. BUT, they worked like the devil from before dawn til’ dark

it’s not that bad. I’m amazed my grandparents are bacon, eggs, biscuits and other unhealthy foods back in their day. BUT, they worked like the devil from before dawn til’ dark
Bacon is good too lol. But Spam and Treet to me are my favorite quite unhealthy but good.

Back