Reheating precooked burger patties

We attended a potluck and we had so much ground beef that bringing burgers made sense. We got thin-sliced sharp cheddar and buns along with tomatoes and red leaf lettuce, but brought them separately so they wouldn't get soggy. Also a lot of condiment packets that we've collected over the past few months. However, for various reasons we got there late and although we had a good time, the only ones eating them were us. I think the kids there would have cleaned it out if they hadn't already eaten.

So we're stuck with the leftovers. I tried reheating them this morning as a breakfast beef patty. There wasn't enough fat left that came out so I used a bit of vegetable oil. Then maybe a little bit of water to kind of reconstitute the original moisture and help it cook a bit more evenly. Not ideal though. We've got an air fryer and I thought that it might work. Anyone else deal with leftover burger patties? Any tips?

Throw them in a toaster oven. I will grill up a bunch of hamburger patties to reheat for lunch/dinner throughout the week. Toaster over works great!

Microwave wrapped in a wet paper towel to keep moisture in, at about 30% power for 2 minutes (adjust for burger size and quantity, this is for only one ~ 1/4lb, cold out of the fridge, more burgers need less % power reduction to cook evenly). It also helps if you only cooked them medium-rare the first time so some wiggle room for reheating before they turn into leather, still more moisture and fat remaining in them.

usually wrapped in a damp paper towel in the 'wave

if fancy (and I have time to kill), I will put one in a small pan with a bit of BBQ sauce over very low heat until warm

Cold on sammich bread with greasy hands works fine too...

Reactions: hrv
We normally cook 1/2 dozen on the grill. We eat a couple and freeze the rest. We normally reheat our in the steamer.
The microwave works if they are in the refrigerator. About 20 seconds will do the trick.

Burgers seem to dry out fast, even a couple hours later they don't have the juices they did when you pull them off the grill. The only thing I found that makes them eatable is lots of BBQ sauce, of course mustard based!

Or you can add water or apple juice and or Lea and Perrins whole reheating the burgers... Whether it be in a microwave or oven and or stove top.

When we initially cook we are actually heating up the internal water in the meat. That is what cooks the meat the internal water content.

And every heat up after that first cook it's the same exact circumstance except there's obviously way less moisture aka water content to heat up inside the meat.

So we have to replace that water content in order to not dry it out very badly.

I have used water and apple juice to reheat beef ribs and or pork ribs on the microwave.... Works extremely well. Not dried out at all and it smells like it just
came off the grill and or smoker.

Back