Shocked by lack of quality control on a 2020 Lincoln Continental

Status
Not open for further replies.
The small convertible was called the Cascada -- which looked like the word "cicada" to me. But it was sharp looking, based on the Verano platform, I believe. And yes, unfortunately, Buick has stopped making sedans. The last year for the LaCrosse (3rd gen) was 2019, and I'm pretty sure Regal is gone too. Nothing but SUVs/CUVs.

When the gas prices soar, watch people dump their big heavy vehicles, just as they did in 1974.

Exactly my point, the decision to stop making sedans...

Will be replaced by the rush to bring back the 200/Dart, Cruze, etc.

Ford is supposed to bring the Ka... ??

When gas prices soar, the automakers will just start using 3-cyl engines in everything! Oh wait...GM and Ford are already doing that...
Thought they discontinued those models.

The Fiesta is gone (again) and the Suzuki oops GM is gone too...

The CDC just said it's SAFE to go back to school (not to mention that children are statistically least likely to have/give/get COVID.) If the minimum wage checkout person at the supermarket can go to work so can teachers. Like I said...stop their paycheck and they'll be back in a minute. PS: Nurses, Doctors, EMTs, small business owners, cashiers etc...have also lost family members to Covid....but they go to work because they don't have guaranteed salaries...Did you know that NYC can't even fire teachers who have sexually abused children because of their contract...they put them in 'rubber rooms' (Google it) where they continue to get paid for doing nothing...often for years...

You're forgetting some key points to safely returning to school. It is been deemed safe to return back to school with the ability to social distance, wear a mask, and have the proper sanitation in place. This means districts are unable to PACK classrooms with 30-40+ students which creates an issue. Teachers have also NOT been vaccinated. Where I live, incarcerated individuals will receive the vaccine before educators.

Having worked in the 3rd largest school district in the nation, representing the 2nd largest union in the nation, teachers can be fired. Plain and simple. Contracts can be terminated at any time. Same as any other employer. Anything otherwise is inaccurate.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. Please come sub in my school. We're short handed everyday!

Last edited:
The CDC just said it's SAFE to go back to school (not to mention that children are statistically least likely to have/give/get COVID.) If the minimum wage checkout person at the supermarket can go to work so can teachers. Like I said...stop their paycheck and they'll be back in a minute. PS: Nurses, Doctors, EMTs, small business owners, cashiers etc...have also lost family members to Covid....but they go to work because they don't have guaranteed salaries...Did you know that NYC can't even fire teachers who have sexually abused children because of their contract...they put them in 'rubber rooms' (Google it) where they continue to get paid for doing nothing...often for years...
Stop spreading misinformation or read everything and not just title or soundbite.
Kids are statistically less likely to develop life threatening symptoms as a result of COVID-19. They have same chance of transmitting. Schools can safely open if ALL guidelines are in place. That means all protective gear, plexiglass etc. Most public schools DO NOT have money for that!
Have you ever, and I seriously mean, ever had a kid in daycare or school? It is cesspool of diseases. When teacher gets COVID-19 you cannot replace teacher with just another person. Same goes for doctors, that is why PPE was limited in the beginning for medical workers, that is why we need social distancing so doctors stay alive so they can treat you when you break a leg, or have a room for you when you break a leg.
Teachers who sexually abused children are not above the law. They go to prison, like other people who sexually abuse children.
And stop getting information where ever you are getting it. You remind me of my mother in law that always "reminds" us how aluminium foil causes cancer bcs. she Googled it.

Lock time - Please read this thread on our COVID policy;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back