Returning a car to the dealership - is this possible?

Another reason why threads should be capped at 100 posts. Few bother to read all the replies before chiming in.
I did see he sold the car. and I recognised that in my post.

I'm just having a morning tea posting about the pluses and minuses of Fits and Yari.
Regardless of the legitimacy of this thread.

I bought a car outta spite.
In Dec 2006 I went to buy a Chrstmas tree. I picked out a smallish tree at a local lot. $45.
$45 for something i will have for a couple weeks and then throw away? Man I was livid.
So I went over to the local Acura dealer and bought a left over TSX. Great car!

At the dealership:
Got any left over '06 TSXs? Dealer: Yes, we have 6.
Gimme any color except silver. Dealer: They're all silver.
And no Navi (a $4K option at the time). Dealer: They all have Navi.

$30K out the door as I recall. 200K Later:
IMG_20200206_155806.jpg

Last edited:
Is outbidding someone on a car at an auction because you don't like them considered buying outta spite? I've seen people do that a few times when there are two butt heads in the room. Drive the price up to a stupid level.

The car has sold to a happy young couple with a baby who will be able to utilize it's storage and cargo space.
Out of the whole ordeal we lost $150, but gained insight and wisdom when making bigger decisions. (y)

Thanks to those who contributed useful, thoughtful information.
ATTENTION … before this runs nine pages of infinite wisdom … this looks like an outcome from the TS (OP)

So in short;

I bought a car out of spite. I’m thinking of taking it back.

I think I will sell it on my own.

I’ve decided to keep the car.

I sold the car.

🎡🎢🎠

And only lost $150.

Buying things out of spite only cost me $150 that time, could have been worse. Got to drive it for a few days too so not a complete loss.

In Dec 2006 I went to buy a Chrstmas tree. I picked out a smallish tree at a local lot. $45.
$45 for something i will have for a couple weeks and then throw away? Man I was livid.

At the dealership:

View attachment 33763
well, you're out of spite went well as the tsx in that era was a fantastic vehicle...in spite of what others may say....

At the dealership:

View attachment 33763
Back in late 2008, Acura was clearancing the last of the 3rd gen TL's for $29K.
Still kicking myself for not buying one.

Im expecting this guy to pop up soon and that we are all starring in one of the episodes. Definitely not one of the classics either......

1605228784812.png

Reactions: CKN
I was in the same boat sometime in 2002; specifically I witnessed; 2002 Toyota Camry LE brand new; my friend needed to get a car but due its short credit history I was willing to help; over the weekend we signed the car with his name on the loan first while my was second; the following day, on Monday he calls me and dealers bank, BOA at the time, wanted to see my name first on the loan for a preferred rate, I don't know maybe 10% rate; so we want back and fix it in my name; after next 7 days friend of mine wanted to return the car, he changed his mind, some silly explanation, and I told him its not how it works; so approximately after 7 days of ownership and about 120 miles at the odometer he returned it while being for $5K upside down; dealer told him he'll take it back but paid him short of $5k; they justified it was a used car then; my friend covered $5k upfront.

Back