PUP SP

I would re-read his comment again.
I did, waiting to hear wholesale price difference between the two oils, which I am sure will not be publicly shared.
And the second part of my question about GF-6 for PUP made in sep 2020?

Then maybe you can tell us the REAL price difference between PP and PUP for Pennzoil? And if you are Pennzoil sales rep, you should know if PUP manufactured in Sep29, 2020 is GF-6a compliant or not?
In two months I'll have been retired four years. I don't have current pricing, or even any from four years ago. I turned in my laptop, files, everything when I left. They shut down my intranet access within days. If I had pricing however, it would now be a betrayal of trust to post it. Before, it would have been cause for dismissal.
That said, as I recall, it was a significant difference between the two. Around $0.80-$1.20 per gallon wholesale. I sold very little of it. Probably gave away more than I sold. At its price point, my customers had a hard time upselling it to their customers. They could get it for significantly less at Wally's if they really wanted it.
If the website says PUP meets GF-6A, it's guaranteed to do so.

Thanks. So even if we assume $1.20, that's like $0.30 per quart whole-sale. Thats a lot?
So tolian21, you're new here? There was another poster that was pretty deeply invested in the supposed controversy on this oil, maybe check out his posts in those threads.

So tolian21, you're new here? There was another poster that was pretty deeply invested in the supposed controversy on this oil, maybe check out his posts in those threads.
No conspiracy, don’t really care. I am still trying to get an answer, is PUP 0w-20 manufactured after sep 29, 2020 that has old GF-5 label happens to be GF-6a compliant? Is this a conspiracy too?

looks like Pennzoil finally came around answering my question, good news. 👍
———

Thanks for reaching out! We can assure you the formulation within your bottle meets GF-6 specifications. Pennzoil was a leading voice for GF-6 readiness dating back as early as April 2019, when we announced our products would meet the GF-6 specification at first use date. The label on your bottle is most likely a result of depleting remaining inventory, but since your product was poured in September 2020, it has the current formulation within which carries the GF-6/SP specifications.

——

It looks like their formulation was ready for GF-6 back in 2019, and there are no additional changes to make it GF-6, just label not updated.

It would have been so much easier to go to your local store where the bottles are clearly marked as such. But now that this brouhaha is over you can rest.

Thanks. So even if we assume $1.20, that's like $0.30 per quart whole-sale. Thats a lot?
You're welcome
As wholesale pricing is considered, $0.30 a quart is a lot. Or used to be anyway. You've got to realize I may soon be that old man who says "Why, that's highway robbery! Back in my day, that only cost..."
Normal mom and pop retailers and installers markup that $0.30 into at least $1. If they're going to carry something that expensive in their inventory, they're going to make money on it. So, five-ish more dollars than an already expensive oil change makes it a tough sell. Normal pricing, because car dealers, lube centers, and big box retailers don't count. Pricing structure of car dealers and lube centers is necessarily based on emptying your wallet. Big boxes determine their prices around a smoky fire, while chanting incantations and sacrificing chickens. Or so it may seem.

It would have been so much easier to go to your local store where the bottles are clearly marked as such. But now that this brouhaha is over you can rest.
1. Never seen my WM carry PUP. 2. Who wants to go to that dump?

For billions of years the CO2 levels were 10X to 20X higher than they are today. Plant and animal life flourished under those conditions, generating massive amounts of plant and animal bio-matter that became the black crude, natural gas, and tar sands we have exploited and will continue to exploit into the future.

It's the cycle of things.

Think of it this way, the Earth has "greened" immensely since the minor rise of CO2 in the past century or two. It's been great for growing crops. Worldwide, corn and wheat production has increased -- year over year -- for decades.

I can prove all of my factual statements with multiple, respected scientific and agricultural references. CO2 is NOT the boogeyman. It's quite the opposite. It's needed to sustain life, specifically plant life feeding what appears to be an ever growing, worldwide human population.

Last edited:
Reactions: pbm
Back