Post a photo of your oil on dipstick (with miles)

The HPL No VII 5W-30 looks really good.

There is over 10,000 miles on this OCI now. Filter was changed twice but the idea is.. to keep everything looking good.

Minimal oil consumption? Seems about a half quart every 1000 miles, I'll keep an eye on it. Engine runs as new as far as oiling concerns. NO LEAKS!!!! And very good performance. Seems absolutely quieter....

Checked after sat about an hour or two...
20230605_111012.jpg

There is over 10,000 miles on this OCI now. Filter was changed twice but the idea is.. to keep everything looking good.

Minimal oil consumption? Seems about a half quart every 1000 miles, I'll keep an eye on it. Engine runs as new as far as oiling concerns. NO LEAKS!!!! And very good performance. Seems absolutely quieter....View attachment 159551
20230605_111002.jpg

Minimal oil consumption? Seems about a half quart every 1000 miles, I'll keep an eye on it. Engine runs as new as far as oiling concerns. NO LEAKS!!!! And very good performance. Seems absolutely quieter....View attachment 159551View attachment 159552
1/2 qt every 1,000 miles?

1/2 qt every 1,000 miles?
That's a ballpark figure. I'm trying my best to keep an eye on it. Checking hot vs checking cold etc. I've gotten into a gig where I'm (again) putting 1000s of miles on car fairly frequently. So this trip, about 1000 miles I'm in Atlanta.. so, I made sure it was up to full before I left and added half a quart last night and checked it about a half hour ago and got the result you see.

That appears to be down from the usage it was, And I know you were interested as to whether using the HPL oil was making a difference are not so far I stand by the answer of yes it is.

My engine got reworked over at the beginning of April that's where I get the mileages and figures in a signature. New gaskets including new oil pan gasket . So everything as far as oil usage and consumption and things like that are from the mileage and dates given in the signature.

Getting to monitor consumption again. 270,052 miles on oil this morning. Minus zero mile dor start of the OCI.

Approximately and by the end of the day over 12,000 miles on HPL No VII 5W-30 (Has had to be topped off a little) on 2nd vehicle in the sig.

Not going overly crazy this is checked 1st thing in the morning and we still have different readings on both sides of the dipstick and not even break in the oil line and this and that but it looks full up to the top for the "Cold" marking to me. It also does not look metallic and that looks promising.

Thank you again @High Performance Lubricants

Dipstick pulled, wiped, inserted again, checked again, moved as little as possible to get the shots you see.
20230610_071617.jpg
20230610_071621.jpg
20230610_071626.jpg

20230610_071631.jpg
20230610_071649.jpg

Last edited:
Over 12k miles on HPL oil. Checked this morning.

Here it is, pulled cold and dipstick not wiped
20230611_055615.jpg

Here it is, wiped and then checked
20230611_055644.jpg

And here it is, wiped and checked one more time.
20230611_055721.jpg

First thing in the morning checked. HPL No VII 5W-30.

I added a quarter quart. I may check again before it time to hit the road and it will have again all the way cooled.

Lawd..... if only some of us could get a clear plexiglass pan on our rigs we could really get OCD.............. I can't believe that nobody here has cut a square out of their pan and used plexiglass and differential RTV to get a window into the promised land. Slackers.

My 2018 2.7 F150 always looks dark on the stick and black in the pan. On another forum we have a LOT of folks who claim that their oil is a beautiful honey amber when they change it out at 10k. And that they get close to 35 mpg in a crew cab ecoboost F150. I'm on my 4th F150, one of these days I'm going to get one of the special magic ones that pee out 10k amber oil and get miraculous mileage.

Lawd..... if only some of us could get a clear plexiglass pan on our rigs we could really get OCD.............. I can't believe that nobody here has cut a square out of their pan and used plexiglass and differential RTV to get a window into the promised land. Slackers.

My 2018 2.7 F150 always looks dark on the stick and black in the pan. On another forum we have a LOT of folks who claim that their oil is a beautiful honey amber when they change it out at 10k. And that they get close to 35 mpg in a crew cab ecoboost F150. I'm on my 4th F150, one of these days I'm going to get one of the special magic ones that pee out 10k amber oil and get miraculous mileage.
Yeah, but we can calculate how much oil we lose when we wipe the dipstick to check the oil level.......

1000003590.jpg

2.0L Tiburon with 229,007miles. 1007mi into the oil change.

Mobil1 10w40. Car typically burns a quart every thousand miles. Although the first quart is usually consumed within 1200-1500 (then is topped off) then the subsequent top offs are burned off within 800-1,000 mi. So idk. I just go with a thousand to keep it simple.

^i went ahead and kept pushing the car til the 1250mi mark or so until I topped off a quart. Could've gone to 1400 before it hit the bottom line but I saw no reason to wait.

2022 Civic 1.5t and 3,000 mile M1 AFE 0w-20. Full line is the bottom of the oval, so much dilution 🤡
IMG_8979.jpeg

Same oil at around 2000 miles
IMG_8817.jpeg

Same oil at around 1000 miles
IMG_8632.jpeg

Last edited:
22 Colorado 3.6L LGZ
M1 Triple 5w30 - 5,000 miles.

Have OAI kit. May change oil this week if weather and time allows.

IMG_4432.jpeg

Blood can change in viscosity though.. thinning from blood thinners or thicken a lot from very high blood glucose levels…

Just my observation but people on blood thinners I have noticed their blood did not have a normal regular red color to it. It was typically a little bit lighter vs say my blood which I don’t take warfarin.
COMPLETELY FALSE. Blood thinners are not thinning your blood. Water thins your blood. Blood thinners are a catchall misnomer for drugs that are anti-clotting drugs, and they do NOT change the color of your blood. Red color is due to the degree of saturation of Hemoglobin molecule with Oxygen. Glucose does NOT thicken the blood, either.

BITOG is barely able to keep the science of Tribology on track, it certainly is NOT a place to go for observations on blood physiology.

Father-in-Laws 2016 Jeep Renegade 82,700 miles. Approximately 2000 miles on M1 AFE. Had to add 1.5qts to get it back to full at top of cross hatches.

Jeep changed oil pressure sensor 2 months and 2000 miles ago. CEL P0520 is on again for same thing. He has 2300 miles left on his 8/85 Mopar MaxCare.
IMG_2179.jpg

Back