Orange Can - 'fess up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: diddlyd
just cuz i shop for oil at wally world and have never had issues with them before, currently installed in the "fleet" of vehicles i maintain

fram toughguard:
my acura integra
sister's scion tC
parents' nissan quest
parents' nissan pathfinder

fram extraguard:
friend's honda element
friend's bmw 335i (cartridge)
friend's toyota rav4
friend's ford f150

does this make you happy KevGuy?

Yes, it makes me estatic.

I just wish he could find something else to post about! How about Fram air filters? Autolite spark plugs? BTW, Xtended Guard/Ultra or NOTHING in the Fram oil filter line for me! Including AZ Valucraft, STP, Fram TLE, Driveworks, and any other ecores!

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Why are NAPA Gold filters never sold in a box? They just come wrapped in plastic. FRAM has all of their fine products in a nice little box.

ummmm, they are. I have never seen one not in a box actually.
img4598z_zps793eb645.jpg

and even if they werent, how the [censored] would THAT make it less of a filter?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jakegday
Why are NAPA Gold filters never sold in a box? They just come wrapped in plastic. FRAM has all of their fine products in a nice little box.

ummmm, they are. I have never seen one not in a box actually.
img4598z_zps793eb645.jpg

and even if they werent, how the [censored] would THAT make it less of a filter?

Here is a POS NAPA ProSelect I will never use on my truck,wrapped in plastic.I don't think it being wrapped in plastic makes it any different then an "Orange Can of Death" filter that is in a box.
crackmeup2.gif

oilfilter_zpse31e86e7.jpg

Who is willing to fess up that they have a FRAM orange can on one of their vehicles right now?

Never an orange can ... but maybe an Ultra XG.

Haven't bought a NAPA Gold for a while, but when I did they were always in a box. Guess they changed their packaging scheme (?) ... of KevGuy is off base.

Things could be different up here. I've never bought a NAPA Gold, since I get the same Wix at a very competitive price. So, I can't say how our NAPA Gold are packaged; they may very well be different from those in the States, or perhaps it varies by part number. I know at my Wix supplier (they have a giant wall of Wix, rather than the normal Canadian giant wall of Fram), there is a mix of boxed and shrink wrapped Wix filters. My last 51515 was shrink wrapped, while my G filters have been in a box.

Wix (or NAPA) will sell their filters individually wrapped in plastic with a dozen or so of these put in a box for service stations that change oil so there is less packaging. As another poster showed, you can also get them in a box individually. Maybe Fram doesn't do that because most service stations stay away from the Fram filter.
I guess the exterior box is one of Fram's best features.

Quote:

Here is a POS NAPA ProSelect I will never use on my truck,wrapped in plastic.

Wow! Someone is actually bad mouthing NAPA (wix) oil filters. Are you people going to run him/her out of town for this? Sorta like what you do to me regarding FRAM.

absolutely not, since we have all seen SEVERAL wixs' cut open, and we have all seen SEVERAL orange cans cut open, and the wix wins BY FAR each and every single time. you should take a look for yourself..

Quote:

Here is a POS NAPA ProSelect I will never use on my truck,wrapped in plastic.

Wow! Someone is actually bad mouthing NAPA (wix) oil filters. Are you people going to run him/her out of town for this? Sorta like what you do to me regarding FRAM.

I can back up my story about this filter. I had a local tire store do an oil change on my truck ($16.95 plus $3.00 disposal fee)using Valvoline and this filter.Upon start up my engine rattled so bad I thought it was coming apart.I had a friend install a MC filter and the rattle was gone.They ran the same deal for a few months and the next time I brought my own MC filter in exchange for their POS filter! Do a search on this forum,you will see my story.
coffee2.gif

I have a ocod its cut open as a display in my store that shows what a low grade cheap filter looks like. I also have a performax cut open so they can see the quality difference... doesnt take a engineer to see which one is better...

Originally Posted By: scottyducati
I have a ocod its cut open as a display in my store that shows what a low grade cheap filter looks like. I also have a performax cut open so they can see the quality difference... doesnt take a engineer to see which one is better...

WOW,Amalie! That's a name brand I have not heard in awhile.

... doesnt take a engineer to see which one is better...

Correction: A non-engineer can't tell the difference between good engineering and bad. Good engineering comes in many forms.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

Correction: A non-engineer can't tell the difference between good engineering and bad. Good engineering comes in many forms.

How about a rocket scientist?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

That was the point... the ocod is bad enough anyone can tell...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back