Orange Can - 'fess up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27

WRT to this thread, if the consensus is that the OP is a troll, a shill or a dolt, then why is it still active after all thse posts?

Does it really matter to you if this thread is active?

Originally Posted By: KevGuy

WRT to this thread, if the consensus is that the OP is a troll, a shill or a dolt, then why is it still active after all thse posts?

WOW!
28.gif

Originally Posted By: johnachak
My 1985 Mercruiser boat engine calls for a Fram ph 30. I tried a Wix equivalent and the oil presssure went nuts and I had to change seals and gaskets.... Back to the Fram.

Interesting. I wonder why that would happen? Did you try any other oil filters other than wix?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

I think the same thing every time I get an e-mail notification to this thread.
21.gif

Try turning off your email notifications then.

I think the same thing every time I get an e-mail notification to this thread.
21.gif

Try turning off your email notifications then.

Hey Kev,kiss my donkey!
spankme2.gif

Lmao! I've been a voyeur on here for a long time, never felt compelled to post, but this is too entertaining.

I use whatever filter I can find at WallyWorld. Fram is often the only one they have in stock. I've used them for years with no issues at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure Kev isn't a troll or a Fram rep, but rather simply enjoys coming on here and stirring it up, which I find hilarious. I've never seen men get so stirred up ove an oil filter before.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Also, I'm pretty sure Kev isn't a troll or a Fram rep, but rather simply enjoys coming on here and stirring it up, which I find hilarious. I've never seen men get so stirred up ove an oil filter before.

I never said he was or was not! But,he started in on me so off come the gloves!
07.gif

Because FRAM oil filters cause so much controversy. It doesn't really matter who starts the thread ... troll, mouthpiece or not.

Not really.
The terms I observed being used to describe you by other members, which you've quoted above, make me wonder about it, though.
You've clearly touched a nerve in your serial Fram threads.

Quote:

Could be considered spamming.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Quote:

I think its called Framing

Originally Posted By: steveh
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Quote:

I think its called Framing

lol.gif
... good one.

Ive used fram orange cans, on and off, past 20 years. On an isuzu hatchback I mark i had in my teens, mid 90's, and a 95 plymouth neon, 2000's ALL times, right after an oil change, not even 3 miles, my oil light would come on on the dashboards, both cars. Change to anything else, immediatly, the light would go off.

Fram made the Microguard filter in my stash. I looked and it is NOT an E-Core pattern.

I will never buy another E-Core if I can help it. I have one STP filter in that pattern.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
Fram made the Microguard filter in my stash. I looked and it is NOT an E-Core pattern.

I will never buy another E-Core if I can help it. I have one STP filter in that pattern.

What is an E-Core?

Originally Posted By: Cristobal

What is an E-Core?

A time bomb ready to fail.

I used to use Fram Extra Guards almost exclusively. Never had a problem that I knew of except startup rattle in several cars and pressure taking a long time to build up after startup in my old Bug.

I think the filtering efficiency and capacity of an orange can is probably "good enough", but I have come to greatly dislike the bypass/adbv combo. The fiber endcaps don't bother me.

These days, I find myself using PureONE's and Wix/Napa Golds on everything. I've got Napa Platinums on two vehicles as a lark. Unless I see hard evidence that they suck horribly, I'll stick with the Platinums in my Ecotec (they're SO well made) but I'll be going back to PureONEs and Golds for everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back