Orange Can - 'fess up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KevGuy
So, if yo cannot answer "yes" or "I do", etc.......please keep your mouth shut.

ooooh, a keyboard commando. I look forward to this!

Let's see... come on a discussion forum and start running off at the keyboard. Great way to make friends.

A real contributor, eh?

I used an orange can Fram on our Honda a few oil changes ago, but it was one I got for free. I don't pay for them...not because they're poor filters, but because they're poor values.

I also live within 10 miles of the Purolator filter plant and know many people who work at Purolator. You can see the filters that are on our two vehicles in my signature below.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Required reading before taking KevGuy's question seriously: ...

Dude likes Fram and posting about it. What's the big deal?

Originally Posted By: Garak

You, and certainly others in this thread, need to chill.
wink.gif

As far as I'm concerned, you asked a legitimate question. The same thing has crossed my mind, too. After all, Fram sells a huge number of filters, yet they get a lot of hate on the net (and from backyard mechanics, and from parts counter persons, and so forth). Someone's buying them, and it would be rather arrogant to say that "only the ignorant are."

That being said, if you bring up Fram (or any other brand of filter or oil or vehicle or anything), you're going to get answers to questions you didn't even ask. After all, this isn't a web poll with only two options. Heck, even my response about the orange can wasn't technically a yes/no answer to what you asked. However, I thought perhaps some might be interested to know that I have a Fram laying around, even with all my "love" for Wix.

Big deal. It's a good thread, and I don't consider it trolling. Do expect it to drift, however.

01.gif

Haven't used one for a long time. Tough Guard (SCOD???), used recently and will likely again in the future.

I don't use any low end filter but would not be afraid to use an orange Fram. I would use it in preference to some of the no-name, off-brand junk you see out there for which we have no data and comes from manufacturer that is essentially invisible and unaccountable. As with any purchase, I would evaluate it against the fitler in the same price range and make a decision. I think the orange Fram is in contention at least.

That said:

KevGuy, you may not be a "Fram Mouthpiece" but I'm beginning to think you are a troll. My definition of a troll is a person who deliberately does stuff to stir the stinky stuff up from the bottom of the tank. Given your last couple of posts and the resultant stench (the smell of the worst in people being brought out) a sensible person might think it was about time to give it a rest. If you are on a quest to open minds, great, but I submit that you need to introduce a little more subtlety into your method. Please, give the heavy handed stuff a rest.

If you are indeed a malodorous troll... begone!

"YES", I buy filters that have a much better value than the orange can of death. "I DO" avoid the orange can of death oil filters whenever I can.
Are you happy now Mr. Fram spokesman?

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

KevGuy, you may not be a "Fram Mouthpiece" but I'm beginning to think you are a troll.

If you are indeed a malodorous troll... begone!

Review all of his posts and count up all the pro-Fram posts. I even remember that he said a Wix filter was nothing special. (Compared to an OCOD, Wix is nothing special?? Hmmmm......) Everyone else can decide for themselves if he is a Fram mouthpiece or a troll. Or both.

Thread is hilarious. I agree this thread is not trolling, but KevGuy is intentionally trying to get attention on Fram OF. Why? Who the heck knows. Fanboys will be fanboys...who will do all kinds of fanboy stuff to get attention. All his threads could have been combined into 1...since all replies and comments are always the same -- stay away from Fram OCOD, only good filter is Fram Ultra. There is nothing else more that could be said of Fram oil filters. They only make 1 good oil filter that BITOG'ers feel safe with...PERIOD.

I've got a new PH8A from the late 70's if someone wants it.
wink.gif
Otherwise, I'm using up some old PH25's from the early 90's on my 77 Riviera. It eats a qt per week so filter type isn't my biggest concern.

I am not pro-FRAM.

This is my favorite post.
laugh.gif

But I have no fear of the orange can. Have one on the shelf that went 5k two oci's ago on my wife's van, just haven't cut it open yet.

Will NOT use an e-core.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

I am not pro-FRAM.

Will NOT use an e-core.

Sad thing is, FRAM ecores have been spotted

27.gif

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Originally Posted By: KCJeep

I am not pro-FRAM.

Will NOT use an e-core.

Sad thing is, FRAM ecores have been spotted

27.gif

Wha What? Where are the pics?

My heart just skipped a beat. There is, at this very moment, a Fram filter on my Dad's car. It wasn't my decision; he had the oil changed at a shop when some other work was being done. PF47 equivalent filter which is an Ecore for Champion based brands.

After the oil change, the car immediately started running rough, throwing codes, oil was spewing everywhere...

No, I'm kidding. There is no excess start up noise, no nothing. But I do say a prayer every time I see the car now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back