Orange Can - 'fess up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
This far, the Fram ecores are the new black Frams made for WalMart.

What does an "ECORE" filter look like?
35.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhYOD5E7to&feature=player_embedded

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: KevGuy

I am not pro-FRAM.

Will NOT use an e-core.

Sad thing is, FRAM ecores have been spotted

27.gif

Wha What? Where are the pics?

My heart just skipped a beat. There is, at this very moment, a Fram filter on my Dad's car. It wasn't my decision; he had the oil changed at a shop when some other work was being done. PF47 equivalent filter which is an Ecore for Champion based brands.

After the oil change, the car immediately started running rough, throwing codes, oil was spewing everywhere...

No, I'm kidding. There is no excess start up noise, no nothing. But I do say a prayer every time I see the car now.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2743428#Post2743428

FRAM ecore, when things cant get any worse...
Guess Honeywell/FRAM thinks two wrongs can make a right?

just cuz i shop for oil at wally world and have never had issues with them before, currently installed in the "fleet" of vehicles i maintain

fram toughguard:
my acura integra
sister's scion tC
parents' nissan quest
parents' nissan pathfinder

fram extraguard:
friend's honda element
friend's bmw 335i (cartridge)
friend's toyota rav4
friend's ford f150

does this make you happy KevGuy?

Originally Posted By: diddlyd
just cuz i shop for oil at wally world and have never had issues with them before, currently installed in the "fleet" of vehicles i maintain

fram toughguard:
my acura integra
sister's scion tC
parents' nissan quest

fram extraguard:
friend's honda element
friend's toyota rav4
friend's ford f150

You have agent "ORANGE"!
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: diddlyd

fram toughguard:
my acura integra
sister's scion tC
parents' nissan quest

fram extraguard:
friend's honda element
friend's toyota rav4
friend's ford f150

You have agent "ORANGE"!
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif

technically 4 of them are gray, 3 are orange, and one is a cartridge, so it's more of an agent maroon
grin.gif

I bet FRAM started making the E-Core filters just so people can't keep saying "orange can of death".

What do you call an E-Core filter that rings with pain and misery and rolls off the tongue as good and acronyms as well as OCOD, but clearly indicates its another step lower into inferiority?

By the way, I stand by my original post, the fact KevGuy seems to be trying to shout 'FRAM IS GREAT AND THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR HOW GOOD FRAM IS, DON'T LIKE IT SHUT UP, BECAUSE WHEN I POST, I OWN THIS FORUM.`

Last edited:
I have more than just FRAM.

89ee487aed21faf26edf9e710beb9983_zpsaf55b6bc.jpg

For that picture...did you just go out and buy that Mobil filter...or did you just borrow the box from a friend?

Who is willing to fess up that they have a FRAM orange can on one of their vehicles right now?

I had one on my car until last week until I did an oil change. I put a NAPA Gold on just to get it off the shelf in the garage. Next oil change FRAM will be going back on.

Wouldn't use one if it was free...mostly Purolators for me. My Genesis (DT466) gets a Fleetguard, my truck (Cummins 5.9)...I don't remember, I think a NAPA. Liz's Grand National also has a NAPA.

My filter stash? A few fl400s motorcrafts, 2 puro classics, 10auto extras, anddddd 2 stp something or another's (still hesitant to put an ecore on the mower, I won't use it for my truck)

Who is willing to fess up that they have a FRAM orange can on one of their vehicles right now?

I had one on my car until last week until I did an oil change. I put a NAPA Gold on just to get it off the shelf in the garage. Next oil change FRAM will be going back on.

So how much does it cost to be a sponsor on this site?
You are a paying sponsor, aren't you? Everybody else who hawks their product on this site pays money to the owner. How much does it cost to push your product here?

I don't have any Fram oil filters on any car at the moment.
I last used one for 4K on the e36 ending in July.
This engine takes a cartridge, and I got a good deal on six of them from Rock the year I bought the car.
I used an OCD on the older Accord for 6K last year.
I have used Frams extensively in the past and would do so again at the right price.
Nothing wrong with Fram oil filters.
I would use a non-ecore Fram before using any ecore filter.
I currently have a nice stash of Puro Classics, P1s and D+s, so I won't really need to buy any oil filters for a couple of years, unless we buy another car using a different filter.

KevGuy, I have no problem with your being a FRAM-fan, but you must realise that puts you in the minority here. If you keep pushing your agenda, it's going to get you labelled a shill or a troll.

To answer your original question, I have not used an OCOD on any car since 2001 and I don't intend to. To be fair, I have no issue with FRAM's air and transmission filters, and I believe the ExtendedGuard/Ultra is a quality piece, but since I can get Motorcraft oil filters for a MUCH better price at Wally's, I have no incentive to use FRAM.

Not sure what OP's program is, but I have no issue with him being a Fram guy, or not. Lot's of folks here have their personal favs including myself. The difference imo, is when one repeatedly posts attention getting 'thread starters' on the same or a similar topic, then folks may be inclined to label the poster a troll and/or a shill. That seems understandable, at least to me.

As for the topic, haven't used an orange can in quite some time, longer than I can remember. And with Puro Classics currently $3.27 at Wally for all applications, I can't really justify paying the same or more(for 7317 app) for an orange can. Also with the current AAP deal with online codes on P1, making them $3-4, tough to pass on that deal.

The Fram Ultra is a solid is a well made filter and if one runs extended oci's or for two oci's also a reasonable value at ~$9. The Tough Guard is decent filter with an excellent efficiency rating and silicone adbv, at ~$6 everyday at Wally a direct competitor with the P1. Then it's a matter of construction preference.
49.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Not sure what OP's program is, but I have no issue with him being a Fram guy, or not. Lot's of folks here have their personal favs including myself. The difference imo, is when one repeatedly posts attention getting 'thread starters' on the same or a similar topic, then folks may be inclined to label the poster a troll and/or a shill. That seems understandable, at least to me.

As for the topic, haven't used an orange can in quite some time, longer than I can remember. And with Puro Classics currently $3.27 at Wally for all applications, I can't really justify paying the same or more(for 7317 app) for an orange can. Also with the current AAP deal with online codes on P1, making them $3-4, tough to pass on that deal.

The Fram Ultra is a solid is a well made filter and if one runs extended oci's or for two oci's also a reasonable value at ~$9. The Tough Guard is decent filter with an excellent efficiency rating and silicone adbv, at ~$6 everyday at Wally a direct competitor with the P1. Then it's a matter of construction preference.
49.gif

Yes, Can we have like a new wave of filters to talk about?

I shall change my name to GumbyGuy, and have "ROFL OMG LOL ROFL BBQ! BALDWIN FILTERS ROFL YEAH!" as my first thread.

Why are NAPA Gold filters never sold in a box? They just come wrapped in plastic. FRAM has all of their fine products in a nice little box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back