*New Amsoil SSO 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Improved viscosity control is what they mainly improved according to D. Wallace at Amsoil.

This sounds trivial even to me, but I received the gallon size of the SSO today and it has a black cap instead of the gold one found on the qts. Not what I expected.

Quote:

I was so tempted to try the SSO but the ASL 5W30 was on sale for $8 a quart. I'm going to have to go through 15 bottles of ASL first haha.

I pay $7.65 a quart for the SSO as a preferred Amsoil customer. While the ASL is a fine oil, the SSO looks to be even better.

Harry

The 0w-30 can replace the 5w-20, but I'd prefer to stick with the 0w-20 if you're looking to replace a 20 weight. I would suggest giving the 0w-30 a try, but if gas mileage and engine response negatively changes, then drop back to the 20 weight oils.

Quote:

I cant wait to see some uoas.

I intend to do just that. I received a Blackstone oil evulation kit recently and as soon as my present TSO change runs it's course, I will begin the SSO run.

Harry

I hope it's better than the TSO oil. Never impressed with that one.

Quote:

Quote:

Improved viscosity control is what they mainly improved according to D. Wallace at Amsoil.

Sounding better all the time. That was one of my main gripes with Amsoil motor oils.

Would it make you feel better, if after developing new chemistry, that they stated the
rugerman.gif
previous product was better!

Originally Posted By: harry j
Amybody have any early impressions on the new SSO?

I can't remember which auto site I read it on, someone switched over to SSO from M1 and said the engine was less responsive with the SSO. I do not buy into any claims made when it comes to oils as most of it is all psychological. LOL. Changing my spark plugs resulted in more of a perfomance gain than any oil I've ever tried.
smile.gif

I have been running this oil in my 98 4runner with the 3.4. The engine is extremely quiet and responsive. The 5 speed does of course, help that out. I had to drain the TSO out at 4k... and yes i was chastised for this...just to put the SSO in. I will have to wait the 10k on this oil though.

Originally Posted By: e55amgbenz007
I have been running this oil in my 98 4runner with the 3.4. The engine is extremely quiet and responsive. The 5 speed does of course, help that out. I had to drain the TSO out at 4k... and yes i was chastised for this...just to put the SSO in. I will have to wait the 10k on this oil though.

[censored] dude...if the SSO is replacing the TSO by the time your ready for another oil change add SSO then. Id be interested in seeing a UOA.

I just put the SSO in my '93 Civic. My first impressions are that the engine runs smoother and has more pickup than the TSO. These are only impressions, we will have to wait for the UOA to learn more. I keep comprehensive fuel usage records, it will be interesting to see if there is any MPG difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back