*New Amsoil SSO 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding this oil and a 10K OCI.

Would a 4qt sump have any effect on the way this oil designed?
My Mazda is in great shape and has 120k. My question has more to do with oil contamination. Obviously... the smaller the sump... Any thoughts on an OCI? I'd like to run this for 8-10k and do a UOA. Running any less seems a waste.
confused.gif

You answered your own question, do a UOA around 8k miles and go from there.

Quote:

I'm sure we will be seeing more exciting oils from Amsoil in the future.

Harry

Actually Harry, Amsoil said this is the last oil they are ever making.

Quote:

There are those than want the best, top of the line of any product and Amsoil is offering that. It also has a 35,000 mile drain interval. Time will tell how it holds up.

Does anyone know if the TSO has gone the 35K stated or even the 17.5K Amsoil states the oil will go documented by a UOA?

This SSO will be the oil to follow if it can do the job! Interesting press release information
ooo.gif

Quote:

Quote:

There are those than want the best, top of the line of any product and Amsoil is offering that. It also has a 35,000 mile drain interval. Time will tell how it holds up.

Does anyone know if the TSO has gone the 35K stated or even the 17.5K Amsoil states the oil will go documented by a UOA?

This SSO will be the oil to follow if it can do the job! Interesting press release information
ooo.gif

When I had my 03 civic SI, I went close to 36k+ with the TSO oil. When I had the UOA performed by CAT, it said that I could have ran the oil longer, but the oil did have a lot of SI(silicon)=(dirt) in it, which was due to the K&N air filter. So I know in a NA car I would trust it for 35K..

I talked one of my friends into SSO over the ASL oil. It didn't take much convincing
smile.gif

The TSO was supposed be the best oil and never turned out to be.
wink.gif

How does this oil compare to GC when hot. (thicker, thinner or about the same?) I really like GC, but this oild would be easier for me to obtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back