*New Amsoil SSO 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

$9.95 per quart! Wowee zowee. I love Amsoil and I love 0-weights, but I'm thinking it's too much.

Can anyone give a truly justified reason for getting this over the ASL?

Same price as their Series 2000 become a perfered customer and save alittle cash.

There are those than want the best, top of the line of any product and Amsoil is offering that. It also has a 35,000 mile drain interval. Time will tell how it holds up.

At least we can be an oil snob. Signature series Pleeease....
cool.gif

Even if we can't be an expensive car owning snob......
grin.gif

How do you improve on perfection? SSO of course. My Civic runs incredibly on the TSO 0W-30 oil, so I'm really looking forward to my first SSO oil change.

Harry
driving.gif

I can get this oil locally, but it's $12.xx per quart unless I become a preferred customer. Ridiculous if you ask me, especially with the CDN dollar so high right now.

If the price is getting to that level, then that's just getting crazy (imo). But otherwise, it's hard to help but love Amsoil - it's a company of zealot petro engineers designing a product for zealot oil hobbyists. And it makes complete sense that they put forth a flag ship product that apparently brings to bare their absolute best engineering.

Long live Amsoil!! (assuming they continue to produce the goods)

Quote:

I can get this oil locally, but it's $12.xx per quart unless I become a preferred customer. Ridiculous if you ask me, especially with the CDN dollar so high right now.

That is nuts! I wonder how many quarts of TSO are still in the warehouses. They should have had a fire sale! Bitogers would have been all over that.

Quote:

That is nuts! I wonder how many quarts of TSO are still in the warehouses. They should have had a fire sale! Bitogers would have been all over that.

Maybe the last run of TSO was actually the SSO formula? It may already be on the road!

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe the last run of TSO was actually the SSO formula? It may already be on the road!

Do you think they'd really do that? I can't tell the difference, or is that the idea?

Harry

On the Amsoil website it gives a vw 503.00 rating. Is it possible this is a typo? The 503.00 rating is only good for 180hp and less engines for VAG/Audi. Shouldn't it say 503.01, I may be wrong, but I believe this is the current rating.

Quote:

On the Amsoil website it gives a vw 503.00 rating. Is it possible this is a typo? The 503.00 rating is only good for 180hp and less engines for VAG/Audi. Shouldn't it say 503.01, I may be wrong, but I believe this is the current rating.

You are quite right. I emailed them on Monday about that. They seem to always mess up the VW spec revisions. The latest 503 is 503.01 LongLife Service for gassers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back