*New Amsoil SSO 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I have a question regarding this oil and a 10K OCI.

Would a 4qt sump have any effect on the way this oil designed?
My Mazda is in great shape and has 120k. My question has more to do with oil contamination. Obviously... the smaller the sump... Any thoughts on an OCI? I'd like to run this for 8-10k and do a UOA. Running any less seems a waste.
confused.gif

I would change the oil the first time a bit sooner than 8,000 miles to give the engine a chance to get used to the new oil and get rid of the accumulated contaminents. After the first change, moniter the oil to see how it's doing.I think that 8 - 10K miles would be a walk in the park for the SSO, especially if you use the Eao filter.

I have my first cases of SSO sitting here looking at me - I can't even pick it up yet due to the neck surgery. (Used the hand truck). Soon as I can, I will drain the Amsoil AME (15W-40!) out of the Volvo and in goes the SSO 0W-30!!! (Talk about an oil "change")
grin.gif
ooo.gif
It's driving me bonkers!!

Yeah Pablo, same here. Keep me posted on what you think. I almost made an appointment to drain the TSO today. The SSO will have to wait for another day, but not too long.

Harry
laugh.gif

Pablo,

I'm sure the new SSO will be better than the old TSO, but what if it doesn't perform as well, can I still get the TSO?

Harry

Quote:

Pablo,

I'm sure the new SSO will be better than the old TSO, but what if it doesn't perform as well, can I still get the TSO?

Harry

Huh? You do realize TSO will NO LONGER EXIST, right? SSO is the replacement. No one knows whether SSO will be worth the money as we have seen no oil analysis.

Quote:

I have my first cases of SSO sitting here looking at me - I can't even pick it up yet due to the neck surgery. (Used the hand truck). Soon as I can, I will drain the Amsoil AME (15W-40!) out of the Volvo and in goes the SSO 0W-30!!! (Talk about an oil "change")
grin.gif
ooo.gif

You've got to keep us posted on your Amsoil/Volvo adventure! That's a big change!
smile.gif

And here's hoping you're back up to full speed soon with your healing process.
thumbsup.gif

Enticing but I wish it were cheaper... At $8/qt I feel like I HAVE to run it 10,000 to get my money's worth.

Per the AJ marketing newsletter this new Sig series is REPLACING previous 0W30. looks like a way to increase price with a supposedly Enhanced product ( taking after the marketing gimmicks used by all other household products, new and improved at a higher price) that may not have been needed by 99% of the driving public! But just MO

I was thinking about going with the SSO over the ASL for the winter months. Can't anyone tell me the advantages of SSO. ASL gets better wear numbers according to the Amsoil Specs.

Quote:

I was thinking about going with the SSO over the ASL for the winter months. Can't anyone tell me the advantages of SSO. ASL gets better wear numbers according to the Amsoil Specs.

I haven't used the SSO yet. I just changed the oil this morning using my last batch of TSO. If the SSO is anything like the TSO, you will experience easier starting, quicker warmups, that is you can get moving faster with a cold engine. Oil pressure is practically instananeous, engine will run quieter, better MPG, minimal oil burn off if any at all. Make sure you use a Eao filter, the TSO and the Eao combination, is awesome. Here you have an oil that flows very quickly and a filter that is "transparent" to oil flow. Put some oil into an empty Eao filter and you'll see what I mean.

Harry
driving.gif

Quote:

grin.gif
ooo.gif

How's the neck Pablo, did you get a chance to install the SSO? I would like to get your unbiased opinion on it's performance when you do. I have used the TSO since I had 118,000 miles on my 93 Civic, I presently have 231,000 + miles on it. I have been very pleased with the TSO and I am hopeful the new SSO is a least as good.

Harry
driving.gif

Based on over 30 years of using and peddling AMSOIL, I can say that the company has never yet replaced a product with an inferior version. And rest assured, any new product is thoroughly tested, both in the lab and on the road, before it is put into production.

If Al says the SSO is better than the TSO, I believe him.
Now to get rid of the 4 cases of TSO in the garage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back