Naming Vehicles

I got a tickle yesterday. I quit driving, and gave my 2018 Subaru Forester to my Granddaughter. Had around 60,000 well maintained miles.
She went to the courthouse and got the title in her name yesterday.

I asked if she got the plates changed. Mine had the handicapped designation. Guess they gave her temporary plates.
She has named the car "Frosty" and applying for that on custom plates. Made me laugh! :LOL:

You just up and decided yesterday was the day to stop driving?

My mother called her cars "Betsy". All of them.

1982 Cadillac Cimarron, I named "Delilah" after the Tom Jones song.
1992 Cutlass Ciera was Xena.

That's about all I ever did.

You just up and decided yesterday was the day to stop driving?
No, I have not driven since last June. Was in the hospital and nursing home about 3 months.
Just waited until my plates and insurance expired in February. She just went to the courthouse yesterday to get the title in her name.
She has had the car a few months now, just made it official on Thursday.

No, I have not driven since last June. Was in the hospital and nursing home about 3 months.
Just waited until my plates and insurance expired in February. She just went to the courthouse yesterday to get the title in her name.
She has had the car a few months now, just made it official on Thursday.
Hope your health is getting better!

I got a tickle yesterday. I quit driving, and gave my 2018 Subaru Forester to my Granddaughter. Had around 60,000 well maintained miles.
She went to the courthouse and got the title in her name yesterday.

I asked if she got the plates changed. Mine had the handicapped designation. Guess they gave her temporary plates.
She has named the car "Frosty" and applying for that on custom plates. Made me laugh! :LOL:
I worked with a kid that had a mini cooper that had the plates "Cheddar." Supposed nick name. Is the Subaru white?

Okay I'll bite. My wife likes to name her cars. Here's a few

MB 320 coupe aka "The Lead Sled" because it was so heavy.
MB 230 SLK aka "Dexter" because she bought it from Dexter Manley's son.
BMW 230i aka "Rico" because it was assembled in Mexico.

Guess she came up with the name, because of the color. Think they called it silver-blue metallic or something like that.
So she named it Frosty. :LOL:

My FIL had an '04 CRV everyone called Piggy. He was not the best (at all) on maintaining cleanliness and always breaking stuff. He gave it to my kids but only so much you can do with carpets with holes, worn paint and others. After the tranny went at like 260k my daughter got a hand me down '08 CRV. It's in MUCH better shape and clean inside and out. She calls it Pig2 just for nostalgia. He had a stuffed frog on the dash of the '04, my daughter kept it for the '08 as a mascot/co-pilot.

I name all my cars... but I'm also a giant nerd....
1987 Oldsmobile 98 - "the Oldsmobile" ala " the Batmobile" I would on occasion say to my buddy - "Quick Ryan, To the Oldsmobile!"
only other name would have been Grandpa, not only b/c it was a Grandpa car, but specifically, it was MY Grandpa's car... I got it when he passed.
2000 Hyundai Sonata - "Bob" no reason...he just felt like a Bob.
2005 Dodge neon - "Toothless" front end reminded me of the Dragon.
2009 Mercury Sable - "Kenny" after a Customer who had recently Died... he and a Co-worker used to be Neighbors, He Worked at Ford, Her Hubby is a Mechanic at the Local Dodge Dealer, they would always tease each other about Dodge/Ford stuff, He just happened to pass around they time I Sold My Dodge for a Ford Product
2013 Ford C-Max - "Cliffjumper" Giant Transformers nerd... always wanted to rebadge a car as an Autobot, body lines vaugely reminded me of a Beetle, aka Bumble bee.... well in the Animation, and a lot of the toys Esp. Cliffjumper was a Red variant of bumblebee. and this car is Red.

I've also named family members cars.
I call My mom's '09 Taurus "Red Leader" since she got it My Brother and I have had a few other red cars... (and We're Nerds)
Brother's '06 Mustang GT I called Donna....after the Doctor Who Companion Donna Noble, played By Catharine Tate, ( the Character could be rightly described as a "Shouty Ginger" which fits a Red Mustang GT.)

and Certain brands/Models have defined (jokey) names...
All Explorers are named DORA
All Nissans are named Liam

Former Boss would similarly name vehicles.
his old Clapped out/REALLY rusted out( bought when he was stationed in upstate NY) Dakota was "Beau"
replaced with a Jeep Commander he named "Riker" ( Commander William T. Riker, First officer of the Enterprise-D)
and traded that in on a Fusion Hybrid he called "Juan" (almost all Fusions built in Mexico)

and My GF Named her Tiny Blue Mirage "Blueberry"

Back