Naming Vehicles

kinda like one they used in Fighter jets..."Bee Itch an Betty"

Our 63 Chevy Suburban was named "HoopDee" by my competitors at the MX track...

1972MXracing06.JPG

Last edited:
My old '00 GTI was named "Little Red" because it was. 🙂
I've settled on "Midnight" for my BMW.
I never named my Forester in the 5 years I had it, nothing seemed right.

My called my 1st 1988 BMW 528e the Borman 6 after a make believe ad in a movie about an ad agency
My wife had an '84 Jaguar XJ6 she called the Kitty

I have resisted naming any of our vehicles because my in-laws named all their vehicles some really sappy names in my opinion. However, after having to purchase a new Silverado after our 99 Silverado was stolen and then totaled by the insurance company, the only Silverado/Sierra that matched our needs/desires was a red one. Not just any red, but what the factory unofficially calls "pull me over red".

Well, it suited me fine, but my wife, well, after 2 years she's still on the fence over the color and couple of other things (too much technology for her). Anyway, about a year ago I broke down and named the truck Hellboy after Ron Perlman's character in the movie franchise. For some reason I let it slip about month ago and my wife said she loves the name!

kinda like one they used in Fighter jets..."B_____n' Betty" Can't use the first word here without falling afoul the Rule book...
Funny that. Back in the day they did a study and found male fighter pilots (and they were all male back then) perked up and paid attention when they heard an "attractive" female voice. The study was too short, though. They didn't discover that after hearing the same female voice for a while the pilots learned to put that voice on "ignore".
Any married man or woman could have told them about that phenomenon.

Back