Massive Fail at Lowes Yesterday

Yesterday the Lady Friend and I went to Lowes for shelf brackets and wood to make painted shelfs.

First the shelf brackets. The ones Karen (her real name) wanted were supposed to have 18 in stock. She wanted 12. After the only helpful employed gave up trying to find the extra box with 12 brackets, she snagged the area manager. He spent 20 minutes looking for the extra box of 12. Another computer inventory malfarktion. Either that or stolen. He arranged for a dozen to arrive today and to hold them for her. More on that later.

Now the wood for the shelves. Went to the Cust Service in that area and asked for assistance. Noticed 4 people standing around doing nothing. Went to the wood to wait for someone to cut it for us. 10 minutes later I went back to the CS desk and again asked for assistance. Same four people standing around doing nothing. Went back to the wood cutting area. Another 10 minutes pass and still no help. Karen asked the Cust Service if there was a problem. She had no answer. Karen then proceeded to walk to the middle of the store and at the top of her lungs screamed is there anyone one here who can cut wood. Likety split a floor manager up front came over and asked what the problem was. The floor manager said the only person trained and cleared to cut wood quit earlier in the day. Apparently the CS folks didn't even realize the wood cutter quit several hours earlier. Is it ever going to get better. The clueless leading the clueless. We spent nearly an hour there and came away empty.

Gen Z just wants to try to show up, do as little as possible, and yet get paid for it. Thank the schools. No time frame / deadline on when assignments get turned in, no problem you can turn it in late and still get some level of credit, and you can't fail due to "no child left behind". Not to mention, parents that are working all day and not home to raise their kids.

Gen Z just wants to try to show up, do as little as possible, and yet get paid for it. Thank the schools. No time frame / deadline on when assignments get turned in, no problem you can turn it in late and still get some level of credit, and you can't fail due to "no child left behind". Not to mention, parents that are working all day and not home to raise their kids.
Haven't been back to Lowe's since this incident.

You seem to spend a lot of time interacting with people that bug you, it was the restaurants last week and now the home improvement stores.
since the *thing* we can't talk about, it's been one excuse after another to continually give worse/poor service each time a consumer interacts with a company.. I doubt it's only @Hermann experiencing this. It's becoming a very bad joke out there in retail-land!

Your first sentence applies to slackers of all ages. Plenty around. Same with hard working younger folks.

You seem to spend a lot of time interacting with people that bug you, it was the restaurants last week and now the home improvement stores.
Not going back is my choice, not societies'
This Lowes incident was many months ago. The restaurant issue was 3 days ago. Not exactly a daily occurance.
I despise people who values are different but who want me to live their life. At some point you to will get tired of being treated like :poop:

Not going back is my choice, not societies'
This Lowes incident was many months ago. The restaurant issue was 3 days ago. Not exactly a daily occurance.
I despise people who values are different but who want me to live their life. At some point you to will get tired of being treated like :poop:
I mean...don't we all evaluate a business and decide if we want to continue to conduct business with them based on several factors? I thought we all basically went through that exercise every time we bought something?

Just today, I dropped by VatoZone and their Motorcraft oil filters were 12 bucks...so I didn't buy one.

I mean...don't we all evaluate a business and decide if we want to continue to conduct business with them based on several factors? I thought we all basically went through that exercise every time we bought something?

Just today, I dropped by VatoZone and their Motorcraft oil filters were 12 bucks...so I didn't buy one.
They are $8.xx on the 800 lb gorilla.

Don't play that card. It just shows your age.

I worked at Lowe's for hobby money and exercise. If someone asked for help with something out of my area we would walk them over to the item rather than pointing and telling them isle number.

They were picky about safety. I was certified of two of the forklift types.

Lowes cuts wood?

Last time I just used my chainsaw in the parking lot so it'd fit in the car.
Then of course cut it to exact size with a circ saw at home

Of course Lowe’s sucks. The pay is low and they treat their employees poorly. Chain and big box stores don’t provide any incentive for employees to do anything beyond show up.

Back