My well: update.

We had some rain and the Mojave river was flowing for a couple of weeks. According to those in the know the sandy Mojave river is where water is able to go down to the aquifer.

The water has come up about 3 ft in my well for a total of 5 ft at this time. Next week we are having a well guy out and he is going to bail out the sand in the bottom of the well.

There is approximately 11 ft of sand in the bottom so if he can remove that we should have around 16 ft of water. Then he will put the pump back in.

Hoping for water.. at least enough to get us ready to drill a new well.

Thus why most people have a dug well with steel casing. Wells are expensive. But once they are done in most cases you have a trouble free well for 20 to 30 years.
My steel casing is 57 years old! It's likely mostly rusted out at the bottom and is the reason for so much sand getting in

Is it possible to drill your existing well deeper (deepening) ? I know this, possibly along with hydrofracturing, is sometimes a viable way to improve an existing well.

The cost is a fraction of making a new well.

May Tlaloc smile upon you!

9E28F4EC-AE30-4AA0-8E32-6AEE2D5F9970.jpeg

Our well stopped pumping water after 5 minutes of watering the lawn. I had a new pump installed, and had the guys drop the pump as low as it could go, minus a few feet to stay out of the gunk layer. It has helped a lot, but continuous watering still pumps it dry.

It's too bad the huge amount of surface water we have doesn't perk down 200'.

I used to be a well driller helper. Generally if a company did the original well they will go down the same hole b c they record the diameter of the final bit used.

I used to be a well driller helper. Generally if a company did the original well they will go down the same hole b c they record the diameter of the final bit used.
Generally close to the casing ID - otherwise an under-reamer must be run - more typical of gravel packed screens

Back