My last well report I promise.

Sorry to hear that. I do not know anything about wells, but is that how deep you need to dig in Cali to hit water or any sort of "renewable" water supply?

If so, WOW. I think this is a moment here where I very much so take for granted the water I get from Lake Erie in the Buffalo area. None of us ever think about this.

Sorry to hear that. I do not know anything about wells, but is that how deep you need to dig in Cali to hit water or any sort of "renewable" water supply?

If so, WOW. I think this is a moment here where I very much so take for granted the water I get from Lake Erie in the Buffalo area. None of us ever think about this.
Water table varies. My water is currently @280 ft below the surface. My friend that lives higher up the hill from us has a well that's 760 ft deep. I'll assume his water is @ about 660 as 100 ft of water in a well is the norm here.

It depends where you live in California. I lived in a good water area in Palo Cedro California and the water table was at 60 feet and the well by code was 100 feet., There was always lots of water even during drought years and 20 miles up the road the wells would run dry during drought years

Gee, I feel for you. Many areas of the country are looking at similar problems as ag irrigation depletes the aquifers.

Found a guy that was willing to try to bail my well out. Unfortunately the sand is filling back in as fast as he could bail it out. He said it's not worth trying anything else only to gain 10 ft.

Wells done for. He gave me a quote of $50k to drill a new well and going 360 ft.

Uggghhh

Brutal. I'd at least get some comps.

We've got a couple 4-600 footers here in the mountains and if they restart mining they will drain the table below them so lots of poeple are freaking out right now.

Im in a water fed valley with a stream replenished aquifer and a half a miners inch so I'm extremely lucky.

That's slightly more than I would pay for the same amount with sewer/trash included. I definitely think I and maybe "we" collectively take public utilities for granted.
$400 is only SLIGHTLY more than what you pay for 2000 gallons plus trash? That seems outrageous for city water.

Same, I live in IL so we get all our water from the Great Lakes, although my local municipal's aquifer's is nearly dry so now we're plumbed into the City of Chicago's water supply.

Of the few times I've through Death Valley NP and into 6/395, I was amazed at the irrigation but more dumbfounded that people seemed to have gone out of their way to farm in the desert when there's large swaths of unused, seemingly farmable land in the Mid-West. Then to add insult to injury, they grow a water-intensive crop as well. Part of me wants to just the water to run out naturally so the population of this "nature-loving" state realizes the garbage policies of elected officials. The other part of me doesn't want normal people to suffer for these *-ups.

Then you get companies like Nestle claiming rights to drinking water in drought-affected areas.

I guess I'm really blessed to live where I do. I've got county water that costs less than $15. for the first 1K gallons. After the first 1K gallons cost is based on each additional 100 gallons.

You can get an atmospheric water generator that costs a couple of thousand dollars and that can pull up to 12 gallons of water out of the air every day. I believe you have a storage tank. Maybe supplement your water storage with solar stills and fog collectors. Living on Tatooine isn't easy. The price of solitude may come at a cost.

You can get an atmospheric water generator that costs a couple of thousand dollars and that can pull up to 12 gallons of water out of the air every day. I believe you have a storage tank. Maybe supplement your water storage with solar stills and fog collectors. Living on Tatooine isn't easy. The price of solitude may come at a cost.

These take incredible power to run but they work.
I saw a 65 gallon a day unit that pulled 5KW@240 to make that.

Back