Mobil 1 Truck and SUV- new info on their website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by IndyFan
Originally Posted by JLTD
Seems like XOM is making "specialty" oils and seeing how much people are willing to pay. First it was (overpriced) AP, now it's (overpriced) SUV oil.

What's next...."4 cylinder special" (also overpriced)?

And what makes you think XOM is the only one doing this? How about overpriced Valvoline ME, or Rotella Truck/SUV?

The truth is, it is only overpriced if people aren't willing to pay for it. If it is overpriced for you, then there are options for good cheap oil, such as Supertech. I can't fault a company for trying to make money. I own stock in XOM and probably all the others, so I expect them to profit.

1. Never said I thought XOM was the only one doing it.
2. "Overpriced for what it is" has been used extensively here about AP.
3. Thank you for the free market education.
4. I use Amsoil....and there are any number of members who say Amsoil is overpriced....AP is even more expensive.

I'm glad you own XOM stock, it's a good investment in a solid company. But you can stop putting words in my mouth and please leave the ASSumption out next time.

Don't you understand only giant global corporations are allowed to set high prices.

Minor player Scamzoilz MUST match discount mineral oil prices, or they're automatically over marketed & over hyped.

Mobil 1 Annual Protection is now $8/quart for a 5 quart jug - still cheaper than Scamsoil at its best price. You can pay aMsOiL $20 a year for a 25% discount and free shipping. Otherwise you pay $13/quart and shipping on top. Good stuff.

Put Amsoil on the shelf at a competitive price and I may buy it. In my opinion, the only reason they don't is because they know they'd fall on their face. Their rely in their cult-like following to make sales, like any other MLM.

Farber Nooky [censored] can logic, I love it
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back