Mobil 1 Truck & SUV and oil pressure question -Ram

I’m old school and change oil every 4000 miles and the filter. Ive used mobil1 filters, napa, wix and oem. The results are always the same.

Oil can: on the bottom of the screen that shows the oil pressure, coolant and oil temperatures and transmission temperature, there is a small symbol for oil pressure. It looks like a small oil can. It starts out with a ref light on startup but does not change until well after the engine is running and I’ve put the truck into gear. The oil gauge jumps to the midpoint immediately on startup. Seems like the oil can light should go out immediately also and i don’t understand any delay.

View attachment 119375
So when the OLM is not at 3% and in the orange, that indicator above the 3% still comes on and stays on beyond when you have oil pressure?

Oh, I apologize. The photo i grabbed came from the internet just to shoe the “oil can” i was referring to. It’s not my actual dash display.

Oh, I apologize. The photo i grabbed came from the internet just to shoe the “oil can” i was referring to. It’s not my actual dash display.
OK, stupid question, if you have yours on the OLM screen, does it show oil life left before the can goes away or after?

Wow…i figured out the delay on the oil can issue. So dumb.
I usually use the remote start to let the truck run a few minutes to let it idle down before driving away. Today, i got in the truck (engine running), inserted the key and turned it to run. I never realized that it takes a couple of seconds for the dash display screen to update “everything “ including the little oil can. I feel stupid, sorry

Wow…i figured out the delay on the oil can issue. So dumb.
I usually use the remote start to let the truck run a few minutes to let it idle down before driving away. Today, i got in the truck (engine running), inserted the key and turned it to run. I never realized that it takes a couple of seconds for the dash display screen to update “everything “ including the little oil can. I feel stupid, sorry
Hey, super glad it was simple!!!

Back