Mobil 1 Truck and SUV- new info on their website

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cute... Amsoil ran theirs for 25K in two F-150's for 100,000 miles not towing 5,000lbs but as per their bottle instructions they talk about severe duty being able to go 15,000 miles which is still 50% longer than M1....
lol.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt1Oh9kp3Lc (Engine tear down pics at 0:56)

Thanks for posting the link for M1 though because I hadn't seen their video yet.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
Just had to sneak in the amsoil again?

No, but M1 should understand the market competition. Especially considering they sell to Amsoil. Further Amsoil did their test first so it's cute that M1 now has a similar test but with less miles on the run and less miles on the engine...
21.gif

M1 is good product but if you are going to come out with this kind of oil and make these claims it should be the same or outdo others in the market...

Also how come it's ok for you to bring up M1 at every chance you get but I can't do the same with Amsoil where it's applicable as it is here with similar testing... Bit of a double standard don't you think?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
That's cute... Amsoil ran theirs for 25K in two F-150's not towing 5,000lbs but as per their bottle instructions they talk about severe duty being able to go 15,000 miles which is still 50% longer than M1....
lol.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt1Oh9kp3Lc

Thanks for posting the link for M1 though because I hadn't seen their video yet.
thumbsup2.gif

I don't see those as comparable, unless the AMSOIL test also simulated towing? This test was designed to replicate a truck being operated like a truck, which is why 1/2 the test simulated it towing 5,000lbs.

Different things being demonstrated here I think.

Further Amsoil did their test first so it's cute that M1 now has a similar test but with less miles on the run and less miles on the engine...
21.gif

Less miles? The M1 test was 120,000 miles, the AMSOIL test was 100,000 miles. 57,000 of the miles in the Mobil test were simulating towing.

They ran theirs for 25,000 miles not towing for 100,000 miles. Their bottles of this product claim 15,000 mile OCI's under severe duty which would include towing so I fail to see how this wouldn't be relevant to M1's 10,000 mile OCI on a 57,000 mile towing run.

Further Amsoil had their video out first. If M1 had their product out first I'm sure they would have matched it.

Funny also that Amsoil had the 25,000 mile OCI out years before M1 came out with their 20,000 mile AP product.

I think the M1 guys are feeling threatened...
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Further Amsoil did their test first so it's cute that M1 now has a similar test but with less miles on the run and less miles on the engine...
21.gif

Less miles? The M1 test was 120,000 miles, the AMSOIL test was 100,000 miles. 57,000 of the miles in the Mobil test were simulating towing.

Yes, sorry I missed the 120K total, just saw the 57K miles towing... I stand corrected there.

That's cute... Amsoil ran theirs for 25K in two F-150's not towing 5,000lbs but as per their bottle instructions they talk about severe duty being able to go 15,000 miles which is still 50% longer than M1....
lol.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt1Oh9kp3Lc

thumbsup2.gif

I don't see those as comparable, unless the AMSOIL test also simulated towing? This test was designed to replicate a truck being operated like a truck, which is why 1/2 the test simulated it towing 5,000lbs.

Different things being demonstrated here I think.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

No, but M1 should understand the market competition. Especially considering they sell to Amsoil. Further Amsoil did their test first so it's cute that M1 now has a similar test but with less miles on the run and less miles on the engine...
21.gif

M1 is good product but if you are going to come out with this kind of oil and make these claims it should be the same or outdo others in the market...

Also how come it's ok for you to bring up M1 at every chance you get but I can't do the same with Amsoil where it's applicable as it is here with similar testing... Bit of a double standard don't you think?

Where do I keep bringing up M1? This is a thread about M1. Btw, I am running Valvoline.

Back on topic, I'll bet that M1 could have ran this test on any of their product lines with the same results.

They ran theirs for 25,000 miles not towing for 100,000 miles. Their bottles of this product claim 15,000 mile OCI's under severe duty which would include towing so I fail to see how this wouldn't be relevant to M1's 10,000 mile OCI on a 57,000 mile total run.

You are going to have to explain the logic attempting to be expressed in the above statement, because I'm not following it
21.gif

- AMSOIL demonstrated 100,000 mile performance running 25,000 mile OCI extended drains
- Mobil demonstrated 120,000 mile performance running 10,000 mile OCI extended drains, with 57,000 of those miles towing 5,000lbs

The circumstances of the tests aren't similar, ergo, I'm not sure what the AMSOIL test has to do with the Mobil test, as the goals were clearly different.

So basically what we have here is.

Watch as someone mentions oil.. waits for the StevieC wonders of Amsoil thread poop to commence.

Confirmed.

It would get real old if I pushed motul in every thread about every oil..

Every thread doesnt need Amsoil in it. Its about as wanted as a turd in the swimming pool.

21.gif

Where do I keep bringing up M1? This is a thread about M1. Btw, I am running Valvoline.

Back on topic, I'll bet that M1 could have ran this test on any of their product lines with the same results.

Sorry it's making so small but 4 pages of PimTac and Mobil as the search terms...

PimTac.png

Last edited:
They ran theirs for 25,000 miles not towing for 100,000 miles. Their bottles of this product claim 15,000 mile OCI's under severe duty which would include towing so I fail to see how this wouldn't be relevant to M1's 10,000 mile OCI on a 57,000 mile total run.

You are going to have to explain the logic attempting to be expressed in the above statement, because I'm not following it
21.gif

- AMSOIL demonstrated 100,000 mile performance running 25,000 mile OCI extended drains
- Mobil demonstrated 120,000 mile performance running 10,000 mile OCI extended drains, with 57,000 of those miles towing 5,000lbs

The circumstances of the tests aren't similar, ergo, I'm not sure what the AMSOIL test has to do with the Mobil test, as the goals were clearly different.

I explained their (Amsoil) was done before Mobil so that is why it doesn't match but that in the same oil where they claim and have run the 25,000 mile OCI they claim under severe duty (towing) it's good for 15,000 miles which is 50% more than Mobil 1 and if it's producing a spotless engine at 25K miles surely at 15K miles it will do the same following their recommendations for towing. Although not tested because they didn't run it like this before the M1 product and video came out.

Stevie, you are just posting for numbers. That list has many different topics in it. Stop trying to prove what is not there.

Originally Posted by Rand
So basically what we have here is.

Watch as someone mentions oil.. waits for the StevieC wonders of Amsoil thread poop to commence.

Confirmed.

It would get real old if I pushed motul in every thread about every oil..

Every thread doesnt need Amsoil in it. Its about as wanted as a turd in the swimming pool.

It's relevant. Same engines tested for similar mileages...
21.gif

Go poop somewhere else.
smirk2.gif

Stevie, you are just posting for numbers. That list has many different topics in it. Stop trying to prove what is not there.

Yet Shannow which has double the post count I do gets a pass?

As I have said before I couldn't give a %$#!@ about post count and wish they would eliminate it because folks like yourself get all caught up in something meaningless.

Last edited:

21.gif

What percent of Amsoil users actually run 25.000 miles between oil changes?

Originally Posted by CT8

21.gif

What percent of Amsoil users actually run 25.000 miles between oil changes?

Ask their tech line I'm sure they have data based on the "My Amsoil Garage" tracking function. Also how many run M1 that long since we are talking about it?

I wish I could still find it but Mobil ran regular Mobil 1 5w30 at elevated temps for 25k mile drains 2 qts low intentially. It was put out by their R&D team. I probably posted the link on here at one time if you want to try and dig it up. It was the most severe test I've seen an oil put through, other than short trip/cold situations which are ultimately the most severe in many aspects.

Back to the OP, I'm not a fan of the M1 SUV oil but I get what their doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back