Microgard Select - No Love?

I just changed my oil & filter on my 2001 LeSabre. This time, I went with the Microguard Select (Always been a WIX fan) and I must say... for $11 it's a very nice, well made filter.

It came plastic wrapped and what I liked was the larger inlet holes and "holes" instead of louvers. (Just personal preference). When installing, I liked how the filter made contact with the gasket and it snugged-down really nice. (I've had WIX filters sometimes hit the bottom of the can.) Nice thick gasket on these.

I'm not going to get into efficiency specs and all... but based on what I can see and feel, this will be my new go-to filter. I don't understand why it's not getting more 'love'.

Microgard Select__05.jpg
Microgard Select__01.jpg

Microgard Select__02.jpg

Microgard Select__04.jpg

Microgard Select__05.jpg

Microgard Select__06.jpg

Microgard Select is a very well built filter. Definitely worth the extra few bucks over your typical $5.00 filter and an even better bargain on an O'Reilly oil change deal. I use the MSL51358 on my 2018 Nissan Rogue and also my wife's 2014 Rogue. It works fine and is the only filter I have ever used on either car that has no start-up rattle. I found out how good they are on the Whip City Wrencher Youtube channel:

These filters are very well built, and at 99% efficiency 25 Microns it is a good choice especially if you prefer O'reilly's oil and get a deal on it. I would love to see them cut open after use.

The cleanliness and construction of these filters makes me want to give them a shot at one point because it tells me the manufacturer either takes pride in making filters or has very good quality control or both.

Let me know how yours holds up because that is the exact filter my truck would take, I am giving FRAM Ultra a run next oil change though.

These filters are very well built, and at 99% efficiency 25 Microns it is a good choice especially if you prefer O'reilly's oil and get a deal on it. I would love to see them cut open after use.

The cleanliness and construction of these filters makes me want to give them a shot at one point because it tells me the manufacturer either takes pride in making filters or has very good quality control or both.

Let me know how yours holds up because that is the exact filter my truck would take, I am giving FRAM Ultra a run next oil change though.
Will do. I usually don't go past 6-7k with OCI's and this filter just seems like a great alternative to the Fram/Wix and ultra expensive filters out there.

Microgard Select is a very well built filter. Definitely worth the extra few bucks over your typical $5.00 filter and an even better bargain on an O'Reilly oil change deal. I use the MSL51358 on my 2018 Nissan Rogue and also my wife's 2014 Rogue. It works fine and is the only filter I have ever used on either car that has no start-up rattle. I found out how good they are on the Whip City Wrencher Youtube channel:

Nice! I must say... it's a nice filter for the money. Feels very well constructed!

My son picked one up for his '16 Fusion with the 1.5L Ecoboost. Made in Vietnam.

I got one for free that didn't fit any of my vehicles, so I cut it open. I believe it was for a Chevy Malibu. Construction looks just like the one in the video. Made in Vietnam also.

Overall looks like a decent filter.

Back