MicroGard MGL57712 product source change

@talltree
Thanks for clearing that up. I bought a Microguard Select a few weeks ago. I didn’t really need a filter right now, but I had a $5 reward that was going to expire, so I went ahead and got one. That brought the price down to $4.99. Woo Hoo! It was made in Vietnam.

IMG_3492.jpeg

I recently (in the last few months) noticed the price of the Microgard Select dropped from $10.99 to $9.99 at my local O'Reilly's. This immediately made me suspicious, as prices are rarely lowered for no apparent reason. After investigating my preferred size filters on the shelf, I noticed that they seem to be transitioning to a Chinese COO product. Since they sent me an e-mail for birthday money, I decided to buy the remaining 3 Vietnam COO filters left. The most immediate difference I noticed was that the sealing o-rings are no longer the premium silicone they used to be. They look to be more of a standard variety often seen on the like of Purolators.

O’Reilly was higher on their premium filter than both AZ and AAP and that is what I attributed the price change to, competition not cheapening. Although it has been noted elsewhere the silicone gasket is not on all of the filters anymore.

I recently (in the last few months) noticed the price of the Microgard Select dropped from $10.99 to $9.99 at my local O'Reilly's. This immediately made me suspicious, as prices are rarely lowered for no apparent reason.
The MircoGard Selects were $9.99 for a long time, then went up to $10.99 for a short time, then came back down to $9.99. The STP XL "Extended Life" at AutoZone was also $9.99, so it's possible O'Reilly just brought the price back down to $9.99 to compete with AutoZone.

The MircoGard Selects were $9.99 for a long time, then went up to $10.99 for a short time, then came back down to $9.99. The STP XL "Extended Life" at AutoZone was also $9.99, so it's possible O'Reilly just brought the price back down to $9.99 to compete with AutoZone.

I guarantee that’s probably correct Zee.

Even locally Harris Teeter had their Greek Yogurt for 79 cents and Food Lion went down for awhile from 99 cents. Funny because I’m certain without question those two places are sourcing that yogurt from the same supplier. Which it is really, really good quality by the way.

Microgard select is same as STP SL? if it does stp sl seem cheaper in price.
Made in different countries (Vietnam vs China), which might mean not exactly the same. It's STP XL (rated to 10K miles) I think is what you mean - ?

Back