Made the "switch" from M1 to Valvoline Synthetics

A quick update...

im really liking this Valvoline advanced TBH.❤️ The engine is absolutely quieter, it might even be more quiet in the Kia's 2.4 L than in the Sonata also the 2.4 L but direct injected and using M1.... I'm thinking since the price of M1 is not going down next oil change for the Sonata Valvoline advanced it is..

If a side affect of Valvoline is a quieter Hyundai 2.4L I'm all for it.. Again i've been using M1 for so long, that i never even thought about trying a different oil to see any different results..

I am pleased with Valvoline Advanced Synthetic, and looking like i will be making a permanent and long-term switch with both Hyundai vehicles... (y)

A quick update...

im really liking this Valvoline advanced TBH.❤️ The engine is absolutely quieter, it might even be more quiet in the Kia's 2.4 L than in the Sonata also the 2.4 L but direct injected and using M1.... I'm thinking since the price of M1 is not going down next oil change for the Sonata Valvoline advanced it is..

If a side affect of Valvoline is a quieter Hyundai 2.4L I'm all for it.. Again i've been using M1 for so long, that i never even thought about trying a different oil to see any different results..

I am pleased with Valvoline Advanced Synthetic, and looking like i will be making a permanent and long-term switch with both Hyundai vehicles... (y)
I've been similarly pleased with VAS in 5w30 in my Kia, and will use it for the foreseeable future. Glad you found a flavor your cars like.

As a longtime proponent here of Valvoline Advanced (since 2019) , I just made the switch from Valvoline Extended Protection to QSFS 10W30.
My WM hasn't displayed Advanced for months. Ran the QS in my snowthrower and it was noticeably excellent.
Decided to use it in my oil chewing D.I. Ford ... LIKENNIT

Last edited:
When I switched from Mobil 1 FS to Valvoline Advanced FS on my 4.0L V6 Tacoma, I could hear a difference. The valve train was quieter. Valve train is cam lobe on bucket design.

You mean like a stunning VOA and UOA? And whom are we? I have not been assimilated by the bitogc ollective, have you?

View attachment 92881
You do realize a single data point is meaningless right?

The point is not that about the quality of the Valvoline, or any other oil. The point is that you do not "know" it's better. You simply think its better. Those two things are different.

The point is not that about the quality of the Valvoline, or any other oil. The point is that you do not "know" it's better. You simply think its better. Those two things are different.
Calling out ARCOgraphite....strange flex but ite, ite.

I have more data points. I don't even care about UOA. I did the UOA as I was extending the OCI and the car had a 1M mile service contract.
A quieter oil - an engine that produces less odd harmonics - is a better oil if torque, power and fuel efficiency are maintained and/or improved. And VAS is not even a quiet oil
The Advanced didn't do well in a heavy fuel diluter which is my Ford Ecosport, so I moved on and went up one grade**

He's calling you out saying that you don't know about oil and analysis. I have no idea as to what the "I am not a developer" part of your post means.
Tyman - You said "ite" twice. I have no idea what you are referencing. I thought it was coder jargon.

Here is a report with Magnatec and VAS. The two are close in visible organo-metallics:

17crosstrek_UOA_112919_8199mi.jpg

Last edited:
He's calling you out saying that you don't know about oil and analysis. I have no idea as to what the "I am not a developer" part of your post means.
Calling out? Is this a school playground? Please identify for me where I say someone doesn't know about "oil or analysis".

Someone claimed they knew something based on non-fact. I said that isn't possible. Simple as that. No drama needed.

Calling out? Is this a school playground? Please identify for me where I say someone doesn't know about "oil or analysis".

Someone claimed they knew something based on non-fact. I said that isn't possible. Simple as that. No drama needed.
/gets popcorn

Now he said you ain't nothin, ARCO. You not even worth his time. eek

Back