Last time/how often do you open your hood?

For me, i like to check things over once and week, to make sure all fluids are full, no belts are fraying, and to "listen" to the motor while it is running. I also like to take a microfiber, and clean off the dust, so it does not accumulate.. The engines are cleaner then the car sometimes. lol. Here are the current situation's on the Hyundais.

Attachments

• Engine after.jpeg
    Engine after.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1038.jpeg
    IMG_1038.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 13
Every day at least 4 times hahaha! The reasons...
1) The garage has a fan set up specifically that blows on the engine so to cool down the engine during heat soak and keeps the garage temperature tolerable to work in.
2) I have several on going projects that I need to constantly fit and measure.
3) It just looks "kool"? ha!

IMG_20210711_092428051.jpg

Once or twice a day depending on ambient temperature. I just want to make sure that the engine gets fresh air and the oil is pre warmed before I start the car. I usually open the hood at sunrise to let the night air escape and let the day air fill the engine bay, at sunset I open the hood again to expell the used day air that can cause sludge build up if not removed. If the car is going to be unsed for more than 24 hours I fill the engine compartment with a mixture of dry nitrogen, helium, and MMO. J/K. About once a month to check the oil or right before a long road trip.

Usually once a week to check the oil level even though I know it doesn't burn any. But hey, how would I know if it starts leaking badly or I'm getting bigtime fuel dilution if I don't check? While it's open I top up the washer fluid and checking the brake fluid is easy with just a glance at the reservoir. I only check power steering when I change the oil.

I live in a town house, so I have A LOT of neighbors🙄. In the twelve years I have lived here, I have ONCE witnessed anyone pop the hood of their vehicle. It was chuckle worthy experience. Guy walks out with a bottle of blue water, opens his driver door, bends down, maybe a minute later he figures out how to open the hood, and a few minutes later he finds the hood support and then afterwards spends time scratching his head while holding the blue water.....

Probably 1x per month to check out something. Add washer fluid, get a visual on the engine coolant level, make sure the water pump weep hole is not weeping ( real trouble for a 3.5l engine in a Ford) and so on…

Back