how often do you clean your interior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ill admit im a little lazy in this area. i go through a car wash every few weeks but the interior rarely gets a good cleaning. i am going to make an effort to do better in this area. how often do you guys clean your interior? and what do you use? i wasnt sure if this should be in auto general or detail and wax? i thought the detailing and wax but because my main question isnt what to use but is how often to , i figured here better if not please feel free to move it. o and if anyone cares to know the reason im lazy about cleaning the interior its because i clean for a living and i really dont want to clean when im done cleaning at work. my house is clean but i thank my fiance for that .

yea me to but he doesnt make a big mess few fishy crackers here and there. mostly its just dirt from getting in an out on the carpet.

I vacuum it out top to bottom once a month usually unless we do a big trip then it gets it again.

I use a cloth with warm water to get out nearly everything. If its a stain I try some mild soap, then move to simple green for the tough stuff, but that is uber rare.

my car gets washed once a month and inside every 4-6 months. im not happy about it. i need to be better about it. anyone ever used turtle wax super protectant ?

Every other week I will give mine a cleanup and once a month I will vacuum and shampoo (with a Bissel Little Green Machine.) Dress the dash and clean windows. I am kind of a fanatic and do it for side work so I have plenty of good chemicals and I enjoy using it.

About once a month and more often if it gets really dirty.

I don't like a nasty interior. I spot clean if something gets dirty and remove trash. That way when I do a full cleaning, it's just a matter of vacuuming and wiping down the panels to get it clean. If stuff doesn't accumulate it never looks that bad.

303 Protectant is good to use for plastic, Meguairs products are pretty good, and Spot Shot is good for fabric stains. Armorall does have matte finish "Detailer" protectants now that aren't a slimy mess, but I don't like the appearance of original Armorall and in some vehicles it can speed up the aging of plastic (so I have heard).

How often I clean depends on how dirty it gets. In winter could be a week, could be a month depending on snow. Summer same thing. When its dirty.

For winter get the clear or colored plastic mats that go over top of your regular rug mats. Keeps the water and sand from getting on them and staining the carpets. Remove those in the spring.

For vacuuming and shampooing the carpets use your vacumm cleaner attachment. For shampooing use upholstery attachment of your bissel carpet shampooer for the house.

Also find yourself a car wash that has a spray booth and vacuum cleaner. Then you can detail the engine, vacuum it, etc.

Nu Finish liquid in the orange bottle would be a good polish for you. I've used it for many years. No wax in it, lasts for a year. Sun or shade application. Brings the finish back. No buffing. For sale everywhere.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Assuming you mean car interior...

Actually never. Have leaves from last fall on the floor.

I haven't vacuumed my car in over a year!
lol.gif

Another great reason I love driving a beater and saving money on car expenses.

Vacuum carpets and floor mats once a week. Use Meguair's Natural Shine on dash about every month. Lightly shampoo floor mats about every 2 months.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
As much as I can...I have a kid....

agreed: and weathertech floorliners help a TON.. my truck gets a cleaning atleast once a month.

Light dust with towel every couple weeks.

Good interior detailing every 2-3 months. I use maguires.

try to vacuum every month cause i dont like a dirty interior. Dont even like eating inside much.

I dont shampoo my seats unless i spill something, i find it bit pointless since mine are perfect shape.

Last edited:
As needed. Simple as that. But within reason... if youre a clean person, dont think you need to do it daily, and if youre a slob, you do need to do it.
But dirt on the inside and outside always will be there, so dont overdo it.

Once a month for each is a good target.

Not as often as I'd like, but certainly before everything gets disgusting.
It really doesn't take all that much time to do a complete inerior cleaning/detail, and the inside looks so much better after you're done.
Whenever I give a car a really thorough cleaning, I resolve to do it more often, since everything looks so nice, but then I don't.

Every 1-2 two weeks due to kids on interior. Front stay nice/clean but back seat is pretty bad.

2 weeks, rarely have passengers. All plastics get soaked with full-strength P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner, then a light coat of Chemical Guys Silk Shine. Then floors are vacuumed and mats are hot-water extracted.

Thanks for reminding me, I'm overdue.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back