Who has a car that does not use oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
I read all the stuff on here about oil consumption. I was wondering who has anything that does not consume/burn any oil.

I have to say I am very surprised the Malibu does not use any. I am doing 4500 to 5000 miles oil changes on it.
The 02 2500HD does not use a drop either. That gets a change every 4000 miles or once a year. Only 4000 because it spends most of it's life towing.

The Trans Am uses about 1/2 quart every 3000 miles.

Not sure about the Caprice yet. One oil change at 5000 miles of use it was still full.

My 2000 Subaru Forester, my 2007 Mazda CX7 and my 2014 Mazda CX5 don't use more than a 3-5MM on the dipstick between 6,000 mile oil changes using the factory recommended viscosity oil. If an engine is used as a normal daily driver, I'd think I have a defective engine if I had to add oil during the max OCI recommended by the manufacture or 7,500 miles.

My Tundra seems to go the full 10kmiles without using any, or none that I can see.

I think my Camry might have been a half qt low at the end of its last 10k.
frown.gif
Eh, that's not that bad, just something I need to keep an eye on. But I decided to bump to xW30, and am starting to toy with shorter OCI's--not aware of the 2AR-FE having ring problems, but it wouldn't be the first Toyota to do so.

My GM / Opel / Holden Astra (AH) has sat bang on the full line for 4 years and 40,000km with 4 oil changes.

My Honda CBR 600 motorcycle never needed a top up in 10 years and 100,000km of riding.

Last edited:
The only two vehicles I've owned that consumed a measurable amount of oil were two Cadillacs with Northstar engines, a known trait of that engine. Otherwise, I've owned cars from all of the following brands (in alphabetical order, and with model years listed), and none has used a measurable amount of oil: Acura (2005), Chrysler (2007), Dodge (1997, 2003), Honda (2008, 2009), Nissan (1995), Toyota (2007, 2011).

14 Nissan Rogue uses no oil between OCI, runs only fair, and exhibits poor fuel mileage (24.5 mpg LTA), Subaru uses 1-2 qts per OCI runs great and gets great gas mileage (31.5 average on a 3600 lb awd suv).

Last edited:
Sold all my high mile stuff - 3 of mine are at 70k-75k ... one at 22k - but hey, we see new kit on this site burn oil.
None of mine use any - 7500 OCI (eB 5k ... But newest anyway)

IS 250 no longer after re-ring, RX doesn't, R1 doesn't, Jeep doesn't, Harley does, bad valve seal(s).

All engines use oil - even if it's just an immeasurable amount!

I was adding a quart of oil every 1000 miles to my Jeep. It didn't consume any oil, I was fairly confident with that. Once I changed out the oil pan gasket and rear main seal, I have not had to add any oil in 4000 miles! It has gone down a bit on the dipstick (maybe 1/2 pint) but I have a pretty good weep coming out of the valve cover gasket and oil filter housing.

The Focus doesn't use any measurable amount of oil. I went 7500 on the last oil change and didn't have to add any and it was still almost at the top of the full line. When I bought it, I thought it was a real oil burner as it always red low on the dipstick. It wasn't until I drained out 6.5 quarts out of a 4.5 quart engine that I realized it's always low on the first pull.

My 1987 4Runner with 316,350 miles on the original engine consumes no measurable oil per the dip stick between OCI. My 04 Lexus ES330 with 145k on the clock also used no oil, last OCI was ~7k and it was still bang on full.

I have two that use immeasurable oil between ~7K changes. A 150K mile '06 Infiniti FX45 (A known oil burner) and a 100K mile '08 BMW 528i.

My G35 uses a quart every couple thousand miles with normal spirited driving, and can use a quart in a day on the track.

My high miles Mondeo mk3 tdci never used any oil.

Wife's old Clio DCi never used any oil

Current 2014 Picanto oil level has not moved in 12k miles (yes it is overdue by 2k miles)

My Beelingo never used to use any oil but certainly used to leak it.

To be honest most cars I have owned have used no oil.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
The only two vehicles I've owned that consumed a measurable amount of oil were two Cadillacs with Northstar engines, a known trait of that engine. Otherwise, I've owned cars from all of the following brands (in alphabetical order, and with model years listed), and none has used a measurable amount of oil: Acura (2005), Chrysler (2007), Dodge (1997, 2003), Honda (2008, 2009), Nissan (1995), Toyota (2007, 2011).

Duh...forgot my first few cars, a 1984 Olds Cutlass and a 1987 Buick Regal, both with the mighty Olds 307! Neither used any oil as shown on the dipstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back