It pays to buy your Rolex(s) from the same place plus othr stuff for my wife when she was living......

I have Insurance plus I always carry a gun...In these bad times ive dropped the revolver carry (5 rounds)....and started to carry my nw Smith M & P
13 round plus spare mag
May get a Ruger LCP 380 for an ankle backup.....
Seems like the whole country has gone crazy these days.

Thats tough to put together on the foreign leg of a business trip, although I can attain firearms around the world getting caught wearing one in a foreign country is further than I'm comfy going.

Dangerous ones. Wild, lawless places.

Beverly Hills, for example…

I tell everybody I know in these crazy times you must carry a gun and know how to use it.
My GF bought a Browning purse....has a "special" place to hide her Ruger LCR and spare speed loader
Or she carrys a Walther pk380 with 8 plus 1 and spare mag....

Thats tough to put together on the foreign leg of a business trip, although I can attain firearms around the world getting caught wearing one in a foreign country is further than I'm comfy going.
Im retired now my travel days or over.....If I never saw another airliner in my life or the next would be fine by me.

A quartz watch is a Subaru and a mechanical watch is a Land Rover.
A spot on analogy.

Thanks. I gave it some thought before posting it. The Land Rover is caviar-budget, prestigious, and notoriously fussy to maintain. The Subaru is pizza-budget, low-status, and mechanically reliable. Both will get you over roads and terrain, and the Rover is very elegant and cushy where the Subaru is frumpy and spartan, but the Subie is more dependable and costs less to own.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd drive a $25k Subaru in punishing conditions where I'd never want to risk a $75k Rover, especially in places where it's important the car's not going to break down and strand me.

But then again, years ago I made the same conscious decision about cars as about watches. I pick them based on function and reliability, not luxury or status anymore. Twenty years ago I drove a BMW M5, now I drive a Subaru Crosstrek. Never going to wow passersby in the Crosstrek, but at least I don't see the dealer's service waiting room on the regular like I did with the BMW.

Im retired now my travel days or over.....If I never saw another airliner in my life or the next would be fine by me.
I hear you, man. I spent so many years traveling for business that at one point I was top status with three different airlines. Even with the benefits of that status, air travel was punishing even then, and it looks like it's gotten so much worse now. Glad to be done with that.

Thanks. I gave it some thought before posting it. The Land Rover is caviar-budget, prestigious, and notoriously fussy to maintain. The Subaru is pizza-budget, low-status, and mechanically reliable. Both will get you over roads and terrain, and the Rover is very elegant and cushy where the Subaru is frumpy and spartan, but the Subie is more dependable and costs less to own.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd drive a $25k Subaru in punishing conditions where I'd never want to risk a $75k Rover, especially in places where it's important the car's not going to break down and strand me.

But then again, years ago I made the same conscious decision about cars as about watches. I pick them based on function and reliability, not luxury or status anymore. Twenty years ago I drove a BMW M5, now I drive a Subaru Crosstrek. Never going to wow passersby in the Crosstrek, but at least I don't see the dealer's service waiting room on the regular like I did with the BMW.
I could buy just about any or truck i want to (within reason) not going to buy a Ferrari because at my age i would need help getting into and out of it...my 3.6 Jeep GC does me fine long with my 08 Mustang GT Bullitt.....cars are way overpriced right now and would be a bad time buy unless you really needed a car.....even the used market is insane....I saw a 07 Highlander 2.4 with 114k for 15500.....not today

Back