It pays to buy your Rolex(s) from the same place plus othr stuff for my wife when she was living......

Beautiful... I am particularly fond of the two liner... the simplicity and symmetry appeals to my OCD... I would be lying however if I said this had nothing to do with it...
View attachment 96722
Oh yeah the Jimmy Rolex....yes i like them better without all that crap on the dial also. I had the "red" sub and like a idiot sold it 20 yars ago....now they go for 40k

If you can afford Rolex watches, GodBlessYou and congrats to you for getting another one.
I like Rolex’s but not the ones that most people do. I like the Explorer and the Cellini. I am not a fan of the Oyster case DJ w/fluted bezel however, I do like it w/non fluted bezel.

Owners got a Cellini and a Calatrava.

My GF who is a retired nurse laughs and says the only exercise the "M's" get is pressing the keys on a cell phone.....
Besides phones and xbox crap i dont see much the "M's" are interested in....and of course saying how easy i had it and how hard they did etc. My wife's grandson who is 32 does nothing on his days off except play computer games.....once he asked me how come you boomers dont like them? I told him i would rather read a book anyday...at the time i was 60 i think ......i told him to me thats has to be the biggest waste of time and money on the planet. Oh and yeah you are correct he is a good 40+ pounds overweight.....from drinking all that boutique beer drinking with his backwards baseball cap wearing buds.

What does his wife say about him being a couch potato ?

Saw a kid with a backwards cap squinting into the sun holding his hand to his brow where the bill would be -

Literally cant figure out how a cap works.
I told Kyle my wife's grandson "they have a sale on those really cool backwards baseball caps you wear on Amazon" he didn't get it.

Hey, in today's world that is not nothin'... plus it can act as travel insurance with the natives if things go sideways in some remote jungle...
Or attract unwanted attention.

Thieves know the market in watches.

Strapping several thousand dollars to your wrist might result in ugly consequences.

In many parts of the world, your life is worth far less than your Rolex.

Going through one to get to the other is a real possibility.

All of this Rolex talk reminds me when O.J. Simpson was spotted by Ron Goldman, wearing a Rolex in a television interview. (He had won a $30 million dollar civil judgement against him).

Goldman immediately phoned his attorney, and told him to get it as a partial payment for what O.J. owed him. Turned out it was a $200.00 fake.

Owners got a Cellini and a Calatrava.
I have only 4 Rolex's and a few other
1. SS sub bought in 2019
2. GMT Coke from 2006
3. EX 1 from 2019
4. TT DJ slate frey face fluted bezel aka "the old man watch" according to my wife's grandkid
5. Omega Moon watch from 1998
6. Zenith Chronomaster
7.Tudor Chrono from 1998 blue face
8. Tudor BB 39mm
9. Cartier tank from 2001 white face
10. IWC pilot watch from 2010

No Breitlings.....either you like them or you dont.....I never cared for the look of them.

The only Rolex I would like is a Submariner with green bezel/ or pepsi.

I really like Seiko Diver watches with built in supercapacitor and solar watch face.
I like analog watches.

The only Rolex I would like is a Submariner with green bezel/ or pepsi.

I really like Seiko Diver watches with built in supercapacitor and solar watch face.
I like analog watches.
The sub with green bezel "Kermit" will set you back 20k or more....
I dont know of any sub with pepsi dial but the GMT does....it will set you back 25k or more .......one of the most sought after Rolex models on the planet right now.

Or attract unwanted attention.

Thieves know the market in watches.

Strapping several thousand dollars to your wrist might result in ugly consequences.

In many parts of the world, your life is worth far less than your Rolex.

Going through one to get to the other is a real possibility.

Yup.

In many places its best use is a bargaining chip for your life.

I try not to wear expensive watches in these places.

I have only 4 Rolex's and a few other
1. SS sub bought in 2019
2. GMT Coke from 2006
3. EX 1 from 2019
4. TT DJ slate frey face fluted bezel aka "the old man watch" according to my wife's grandkid
5. Omega Moon watch from 1998
6. Zenith Chronomaster
7.Tudor Chrono from 1998 blue face
8. Tudor BB 39mm
9. Cartier tank from 2001 white face
10. IWC pilot watch from 2010

No Breitlings.....either you like them or you dont.....I never cared for the look of them.

Thats a really nice collection. Im down to just a few.

Left to right.

Mrs Uncle Daves Lady duetto (diamonds on back side)
Omega memomatic alarm mechanical
JLC Reverso Grand Sport Chrono
Rolex No date sub circa 2001
Lecoutlre Memovox alarm
JLC ReVerso GMT
Grandpas 20th anniversary Hamilton from Inland Steel (red diamond on face)

Ive also now got a hobnail calatrava and an AP ultra thin off camera.

IMG_8087.jpeg

Somebody pointed out that if not for us old farts ....car clubs would be gone in 6 months.....
Im a member of a Mustang car club.....the youngest member is 54.....oldest is 75?.....average is 60 to 65.
of course my wife's grandson would say "its because we dont have any money" we cant afford a stang....
I told him yeah your broke because you piss it all away....and he makes like 60k+ a year
I bought my 08 Bullitt used with 25k miles for 15k.... spent 1200 on some body work that looked like somebody hit it in a parking lot....presto looks as good as new.
You dont need to spend 40k on a new one ....besides insurace would kill you because of the DWI.
He would rather ***** and moan about baby boomers taking all the money etc.

Thats a really nice collection. Im down to just a few.

Left to right.

Mrs Uncle Daves Lady duetto (diamonds on back side)
Omega memomatic alarm mechanical
JLC Reverso Grand Sport Chrono
Rolex No date sub circa 2001
Lecoutlre Memovox alarm
JLC ReVerso GMT
Grandpas 20th anniversary Hamilton from Inland Steel (red diamond on face)

Ive also now got a hobnail calatrava and an AP ultra thin off camera.

View attachment 96748

Very nice collection love the JLC.....and no date sub!

Yup.

In many places its best use is a bargaining chip for your life.

I try not to wear expensive watches in these places.
I have Insurance plus I always carry a gun...In these bad times ive dropped the revolver carry (5 rounds)....and started to carry my nw Smith M & P
13 round plus spare mag
May get a Ruger LCP 380 for an ankle backup.....
Seems like the whole country has gone crazy these days.

Back