If you had $5,000 to spend on a fun car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... what would you get? Earlier today I sold my beloved Focus. I needed and bought a larger vehicle for work, and didn't see any need to keep an extra commuter car around losing value and eating insurance money. So I had to sell it. My wife and I are planning on buying a house soon, so theoretically we will use the income from the car sale to put towards a down payment. But assuming we end up having that money as disposable income, I'd like to have a weekend toy. Something fun, simple, older (think MX-5, Mustang, etc). I don't mind having a seldom used car sitting around if it's something we can enjoy. You can only enjoy an automatic trans Focus so much. Haha.

Fox body Mustang (think they ran '80 throu '93, later ones fuel injected). I'd want a 5.0 V8 and manual transmission. In my opinion the Fox Mustang is the best looking Mustang ever. Here is a nice looking '82 5.0 5-speed, used to be my brothers (he was selling it for under $5000 with new paint):
Carwithoutlicense.jpg

Originally Posted By: dparm
Old Taurus SHO or SVT Contour maybe?

1st_Ford_Taurus_SHO_--_10-03-2009.jpg

contour_shannonville.jpg

No.. I would never recommend either one of those to anyone, even people I dislike with passions that burn brighter than a thousand suns.

5k, hmm.

*Miata
*F-Body
*Jeep
*300ZX

That's about all I got.

I'm the kind of guy to buy one of those, and then spend another 5K making it OEM fresh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back