Had to buy another car #11. Can you blame me?

Nice, I like it.
How much fun would it be to daily drive this car in good weather? A fun ride to work.
Yeah, fuel economy would suck as would ride, brakes, acceleration and handling by current standards, but so what?
The price seems a little rich for a car that couldn't have been given away by the time it was five or six years old, but it is very nice and there can't be many of these left, especially in such nice original condition.
Well bought!

I remember my brother having one with a 327ci back in the 1970's. It had an odd mix of differing year parts on it. We found out inititially when doing brake work. Didn't match side to side.

My Dad ordered a Pacer in ‘75. Two tone white and maroon. He owned it for 10 years. I got to drive it to high school my senior year. It was embarrassing to say the least. No chicks looked my way, even to point and laugh. There was a pretending present on campus that it didn’t exist, Kitty Genovese style…I parked in the teacher’s lot and walked in like I rode the bus. Now, I would drive it proudly. His company cars were always Gremlins also. Hard to fathom why…

OTOH, OP you have a very valuable car there. That’s a keeper. Good job and thanks for posting!

Last edited:
I was always s fan of the sports models that AMC started putting out in the 70s and especially when they sponsored lots of the AMX and the JAVELINS and Machines into several racing divisions. They even have been guys successfully race AMC Gremilns. LoL

amx.JPG

am1972javelin64057542_600.jpg

penskejavelin.jpg

ballsionand penske.jpg

amcracing javelin.jpg

amc racing.jpg

rebelgrey.jpg

rebelblack.jpg

amc-rebel-the-machine-was-the-last-underdog-of-the-muscle-car-era_10.jpg

american-motors_e5ecd.jpg

My wife's to be's mom had a red '65 Rambler wagon. It was a nice and reliable car.
I really had/have a thing even to this day for NASH/RAMBLER/AMC motors. They put out some really reliable cars and some sporty
racers too when they became AMC. I lust for the AMC Rebel Machine (a one year only) car that was a terror at times on drag strips.
THE MACHINE!!!
rebelgrey.jpg

Reactions: 4WD
Back