I hate RockAuto right now

Argh!!!! I hate RockAuto right now. I ordered a wheel hub and got set a box containing a separate box full of custom machined tapered steel bushings. Somewhere, someone is waiting for some pretty important looking industrial parts and my repair is going to take even longer.

RockAuto has absolutely no way to talk to or email a real person. To make matters worse they won't issue a refund without me being able to enter a part number for what I received, AND I am stuck paying return shipping.

IMG_20240404_160408884_HDR.jpg

I'm not defending RA but stay calm and work through the return process on their site. If you select that you received the wrong part I'd be surprised if you have to pay return shipping

You can email service but they'll almost surely tell you the same thing, ie initiate a return online

Argh!!!! I hate RockAuto right now. I ordered a wheel hub and got set a box containing a separate box full of custom machined tapered steel bushings. Somewhere, someone is waiting for some pretty important looking industrial parts and my repair is going to take even longer.

RockAuto has absolutely no way to talk to or email a real person. To make matters worse they won't issue a refund without me being able to enter a part number for what I received, AND I am stuck paying return shipping.

View attachment 212361
I suspect those machined parts are worth more than the hub you are waiting for. I would tell them that unless they pay for shipping, the parts are going to to end up in the recycle bin. They can pay shipping, or they can pay the machine shop to turn the parts again. Their choice.

This isn't your screwup. It is theirs.

Those don'tl ook mass produced with the machinist's notations. Strange part coming from RA. They kind of look like the captured spacers found on AC compressors and alternators but too large.

I suspect those machined parts are worth more than the hub you are waiting for. I would tell them that unless they pay for shipping, the parts are going to to end up in the recycle bin. They can pay shipping, or they can pay the machine shop to turn the parts again. Their choice.

This isn't your screwup. It is theirs.
I would tell them that but there is no way to contact anyone. Their "corporate number" goes to a black hole without knowing the extension you need and the voice jail message says they do not offer customer support by phone.

Their return process sucks, but it is the price you pay for their cheap prices. I will not buy some things like shocks from them.

I would tell them that but there is no way to contact anyone. Their "corporate number" goes to a black hole without knowing the extension you need and the voice jail message says they do not offer customer support by phone.
yea, that's so frustrating. I feel for you.

Yep! Dispute the charge problem solved. Let RA argue with credit card company
I should clarify that they didn't say they will never refund my purchase, just basically, "Please send it back to us and we'll figure it out once we get it... and we'll deduct the return shipping fees from any refunded amount."

They sent me the wrong tool once, the part numbers were close and I'm guessing the guy filling the order packed in by mistake. They ended up sending me the tool I ordered and never asked for the wrong one to be sent back.

Back