So I received my replacement bearing from RockAuto

I had a not too dis-similar problem from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. I was able to win by showing the USPS weight of the package - which is on the postmark. The package weight could not have contained the purchased item inside.

In my case it was a couple hundred bucks - so worth the fight. 30 bucks, maybe not.

Unfortunately for me it’s more about the principal and doing the right thing. Even if it were $10… If no one stands up and says something that this crapshoot service will continue from all ends..

You know, when anyone compares a personal story about their similar experiences, I just don’t care to hear and I apologize if that comes off as rude. Because that doesn’t 1.) Remedy my situation nor has anything to do with me and 2.) Doesn’t magically relieve companies from doing this type of BS to long-time loyal paying customers. So there’s no real point in telling me stuff like that. Again, I apologize if that seems brash but I’m just tired of it. It’s minimizing and devaluing at a person’s situation.
I am not the only one pointing out the obvious. Not trying to pizz you off, Just know when to move on. Stop using RA. I stopped dealing with Ford in 1990 when my brand new truck's transmission,E4OD, failed multiple times within a year. Ford only stepped up when the Washington state lemon law was going to make them eat back the truck. I will never give Ford another cent of my money. Been 33+ years. Feels Great!

Talking about holding a grudge. After WW2 some people said they would never buy a German or Japanese car, yet I see half your fleet is from the fatherland.:ROFLMAO:

I've owned my share of many different brands with differing experiences. Ford was the only marque that actively tried to screw me as a corporation. Never, ever another red cent from me. I also won't rent a Ford. I reserved a 24' moving van about a decade ago. Showed up and they had a Ford. Canceled the reservation and rented a Ryder GM across town. I am serious about my loathing for the Ford corporation. Over the years I have been along for car shopping trips with a myriad of family and friends. I have successfully steered all of that business away from Ford. I refuse to work on the Fords of my co-workers. Ford made it personal and Dearborn can Kiss my fuzzy tail.

HAHA, I was screwed on a warranty return from an online parts store (not RA) about six years ago and vowed never to buy from them again. Well, a year ago I bought a part on Amazon sold but that same company. It was the cheapest I could find it and it turned out fine. Holding a grudge can't be too healthy.

We get parts in like that all the time direct from the Ford PDCs. The level of care amongst the logistics chain is little to none unfortunately.

I once ordered a full set of factory BMW springs.

The shipping packaging was fine, but the rear springs looked like they had been tumbled in a dryer, and had lots of small nicks and larger spots missing coating, showing bare metal. One of them was also slightly taller than the other.

Sent them back to the dealer, and the reorder pair had to come from Germany. They were well-packaged, in brand new shape, and actually cleverly employed a pair of spring pads, as used on the car, as packaging material.

I suspect the first pair I received had actually been tossed around in the U.S. parts system for a while, which is why they were beat up.

The state of many things is lamentable, but at some point, one has to be practical, pragmatic, and realize it's not worth any more agita or hassle. If the part is not damaged, slap it on, learn from the experience, and move forward.

I tried Amazon and Rock's Auto for about $1500 in filters for a few pieces of equipment.

Never again!

Ordered them all in August. Got the last one 2 weeks ago. Yup, THREE months.
Several filters I threw out and bought local, they were shipped in those trash bag shippers and were smashed.
Local price was within a few dollars.

For the hassle, not worth it at all. Plus concerns some aren't even genuine WIX and cheap junk made in a sweatshop in Bangladesh.

Amazon is laughable.

I bought a hydraulic winch off them. Took 6 months to get and a broken electric winch in a completely destroyed box shows up.
Return it after they paid me to rebox it.
2 months later the replacement shows up and it's the same winch I returned, only even more broken!

Still waiting for the winch I ordered, been over a year now.

How many people know that most packaging options (cardboard box, padded mailer, etc) have weight ratings ? It's laughable how 50% of people are defending Rockauto (or their supplier) over this but if Autozone did it, well, it would be a free-for-all ripping them to shreds. It doesn't matter WHO is involved - do your job and do it right.

Last edited:
67 Whitson St, Hempstead NY 11550. Google comes back to a VERY shady looking Parts Authority location.
I use Parts Authority at work as well as personally. Any problems with anything, they handle it quickly. My pricing usually beats RA and Amazon. They sell some items from OEM’s, and identify in their app if a parts is from the original manufacturer or an OE approved supplier.

Back