Hoping you really love winter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am keeping accurate notes of all you saying to bring it on. If we have a really bad winter I will remember who is to blame.

I have lived here in NH all my life and last winter was actually one of the worst we have had in quite a while( despite the other NH guy saying otherwise - it set many records ). I don't mind winter but I do not want a repeat of last year. No thanks. About 1/2 the snow we got and more mild temps would please me. Heating oil prices are BRUTAL now. I can't afford a bad winter.

It is also getting harder to deal with the snow cleanup as I get older and now with the MS so hopefully I get a break this winter both financially and physically.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: dave1251
The lows here were in the mid 30's on the coldest days here. The summers are the hard time to live here.

Very hot..at least it is not humid.. I think!

The humidity is dependent on how intense the monsoon season is. The high today will only be 97 with 80% humidity. It must be just me I rather have 100F with 80-90% humidity rather than 115F and 10% humidity, I personally do not like the feeling I am baking in the oven.

Can you guys NOT talk about the winter for at least next few weeks?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Can you guys NOT talk about the winter for at least next few weeks?

Thanks in advance!!

01.gif

I hate winter so much that when I retire I'm going to spend all of the cold months down in Florida. At the first hint of snow, I'll be out of Ontario and won't return until it's all melted and temps are back in the 70s or higher. Cold weather just isn't my thing and the older I get the more I despise it.

The induced net rotation has not stopped and has continued throughout the summer. I mentioned the 'driving south of cold air" on here well before last winter when "polar vortex" was coined up. This type of "vortex" as theyre calling it has been in place for a few years as I remember. It's only become very effective as of late. The movable, changeable, entrainable jet stream is the demarcation point, the mode by which latitudinal exchanges of these air masses is being enabled.

So yeah, with such an apparent (to me) investment in creating such a long-term 'vortex' indicates it will only be more advanced this winter. Nothing about last winter surprised me.

Originally Posted By: jrustles
The induced net rotation has not stopped and has continued throughout the summer. I mentioned the 'driving south of cold air" on here well before last winter when "polar vortex" was coined up. This type of "vortex" as theyre calling it has been in place for a few years as I remember. It's only become very effective as of late. The movable, changeable, entrainable jet stream is the demarcation point, the mode by which latitudinal exchanges of these air masses is being enabled.

So yeah, with such an apparent (to me) investment in creating such a long-term 'vortex' indicates it will only be more advanced this winter. Nothing about last winter surprised me.

You're understanding of mother Earth is so warped, I don't even know where to begin. "Induced rotation"?
crackmeup2.gif

I remember you being one of the nuts who thinks mankind is altering the weather beyond the synoptic scale via things like radio waves, HAARP, Nexrad etc.

Watch this and learn from a real scientists who's own 2 feet are planted on the Earth, and who's predictions and success are determined by the free marlket and capitalism. Ie, he doesn't make a living if he's wrong since his clients pay him for his forecasts.

The sun controls most everything via the weather.

http://www.weatherbell.com/saturday-summary-august-23-2014

And yes, climatologists/ unbiased meteorologists have been predicting colder than average winters for the past 2 years, and they aren't basing it on some insane conspiracy non sense. They base it on how the sun differentially heats the Earth and the oceans and how that affects jet stream patterns.

Last edited:
Propane tank filled at the summer rate of $1.40 a gallon. Should last through the winter with a bit of use from the fuel oil furnace for those below 0F nights with 30 mph winds.

Need to make sure the snowblower is ready.

a few guys, every year, go on about how good the climate is in your area, and give jabs to those of us that have cold winters.steve talks about laying on the beach in winter, and in another post says it's 99 and humid.you can have the weather in the gulf coast states. funny that you guys don't mention the crazy flooding rains that occur often, or the tropical storms that bring gale force winds, and monsoon rains, or those pesky hurricanes.your area gets those (or the threat of) every year -- forever.good luck with the track of cristobal.
nick in phoenix says "winter? what's that?", when much of the year is 100, 105, 110 F. and phoenix gets 8" of rain in a few hours, according to Detroit news, a few days ago.
then there are a few from cali., who endure severe drought, monsoon rains bringing mudslides, and those pesky earthquakes. the bay area just had three in three days, according to the news.when, not if, the big one hits, Nevada could be pacific beachfront property.
I want to live in those areas.not.
around here, and southeast mi., the overall weather is pretty good, relative to most areas in Canada, and the u.s..crazy extremes are rare.I would not live in eastern or northern Canada, because of their crazy winters. three's a reason why about three quarters of canucks live within about 300 mi. of the southern border.winters are waaaay too cold. those of you that give jabs at us that have relatively cold winters -- remember karma.
point is that in Canada and the u.s., there are no areas that have all year ideal weather.the long term predictions are just that -- predictions, and nothing more.we will see what winter brings soon enough. hopefully, we all have a good winter, relative to the area.
have a good day, all, and thank you for my morning laugh.

I live central FL so I do enjoy 70 degree F winters.
No way do I want to deal with ice and snow during the winter.

Patman,
I buy a lottery ticket every week. If I win I'll buy you a condo on the beach.

GRR had 114 inches of snow last winter - second snowiest winter on record. I'm certainly not looking forward to a repeat of this, but judging by all the leaves that are already on the ground, the white stuff is coming...

Here's the long range forecast from my favorite weather man Tom Skilling at WGN TV. Not always right but always entertaining.

FEATUREGRAPHIC082414-1024x629.jpg

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Patman,
I buy a lottery ticket every week. If I win I'll buy you a condo on the beach.

Awesome! My wife and I were dreaming this morning about where in Florida we would move if we win $50 million this week and we thought Naples sounded like a nice place. We love the Gulf Coast and being further south ensures slightly warmer winters compared to Clearwater or Tampa, especially when those rare cold fronts come through. We were in St Pete Beach in early 2012 when a cold front came through and we were only there for 4 days but one of those days it didn't even get above 50 degrees and another day it struggled to reach 60. Although that's still better than a Toronto winter by a longshot, and those days are rare, I know it's typically more in the mid 70s (when we first arrived late in the afternoon on the first day it was 75 degrees, and the day we left it was forecast to hit the upper 70s)

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Here's the long range forecast from my favorite weather man Tom Skilling at WGN TV. Not always right but always entertaining.

FEATUREGRAPHIC082414-1024x629.jpg

A warmer winter would be great.....

I was about to ask the same question. We have quite a few trees and none of them display any sign of distress. Quite the opposite in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back