Honda dealers are just as bad as

That’s nuts; what happened to the freedom of choice

Less and less people will be owning the cars…
In the end Uber may be a better option for some people out there

bought my wifes Flex (used) from a Mercedes stealership in Chantilly VA. After 2 hours of waiting for them to print out a mountain of paperwork the finance guy went thru the details of everything. He got to the part where they installed Lojack. I stopped him and said we don't want lojack. He said we already installed it, we do that with every car because we are in a high auto theft area. I said well I drove 90 minutes from my home and I don't live in a high auto theft area and I am the consumer and I don't want lojack. He said ok, we will not activate it - I asked is there any cost .. HE SAID NO. Was looking through the mountain of paperwork the next day, and right there it was - they slipped $700 into the price for Lojack. Now we had been looking statewide for a very specific vehicle and they had exactly what we wanted and I still got out the door for less than I was prepared to pay...but the entire experience went from darn near perfect to total outrage when I found that they charged me $700 for something that I told them I did not want. Luckily I was able to move on, I darn near forgot about it ....not really :ROFLMAO:

In another thread, someone mentioned their Lexis dealer charged them for the "Premium Lexus Experience". I suppose that is one of those things you just have to experience to appreciate.

how are people getting financing with purchase prices well over MSRP? Back 2 decades ago when I was in the business we could only finance up to MSRP (and maybe plus tax, title and license).

Most people also didn't have any money to put down and were upside down in their trades, too.

160% LTV (loan to value) is common. That and all the home equity lines of credit.

In another thread, someone mentioned their Lexis dealer charged them for the "Premium Lexus Experience". I suppose that is one of those things you just have to experience to appreciate.

Only dealer that ever did more the basic min for me by replacing a ten year old cracked dashboard at zero charge.

how are people getting financing with purchase prices well over MSRP? Back 2 decades ago when I was in the business we could only finance up to MSRP (and maybe plus tax, title and license).

Most people also didn't have any money to put down and were upside down in their trades, too.
Idk about that, but I do wonder about cognitive abilities of those that shell out $5000 without checking dealer 50mls north.

And bend over when you walk in... reads like some of the garbage Charbux and Apple would claim!

I recently had an original Honda battery failed on me in my wife's Pilot (won't charge, won't jump start), and it was less than 3yrs old. Free replacement since it's within 3yrs window, right? wrong. Took the battery out, drove my civic over there, gave the paperwork, battery and kindly asked to test it and replaced. Was greeted with a big fat no and was advised to drive back home, put the battery back in the pilot and have it towed here so they can test it in the vehicle. Good job Honda. That's the second time I'm being ripped off in the same dealership service department. Good thing I remembered about it, need to leave them a nice review.

I recently had an original Honda battery failed on me in my wife's Pilot (won't charge, won't jump start), and it was less than 3yrs old. Free replacement since it's within 3yrs window, right? wrong. Took the battery out, drove my civic over there, gave the paperwork, battery and kindly asked to test it and replaced. Was greeted with a big fat no and was advised to drive back home, put the battery back in the pilot and have it towed here so they can test it in the vehicle. Good job Honda. That's the second time I'm being ripped off in the same dealership service department. Good thing I remembered about it, need to leave them a nice review.

Who buys a battery at the dealership?

Who buys a battery at the dealership?
Their prices are often pretty competitive. The local Ford dealer sends me coupons for $99 batteries or an upgraded version for $129. Those are certainly in line with what you'll pay at auto parts stores.

Hopefully the tow is complimentary thanks to the Loyalty Program. :ROFLMAO:

Back