Help me choose between these at the same price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GenaFishbeck
Hi Johnny,

You won’t regret making the switch to Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage Full Synthetic Motor Oil. Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage keeps pistons up to 20% cleaner than the toughest industry standards to help keep your engine running smooth and performing strong.

We also noticed that a few folks on this thread mentioned convenience is a big factor in choosing a motor oil. For your convenience, we’ve got a tool to help you find a retailer near you. Please visit: http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/oil-change-retail-locations.html#iframe=Lz9sb2NhbGU9ZW5fVVM=. You can also have your local auto retailer request Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage from their regional Pennzoil distributor. Hope this info helps!

Thank you! I'm really stuck between the PP HM and the Valvoline Synthetic W/MaxLife. I have about 1000k to make a decision
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ATex7239
I had an '08 Ram with the infamous "Hemi tick."

Valvoline SynPower made to tick go away, or at least reduced to point it couldn't be heard over the headers and dual exhaust combo.

I ran Mopar, Mobil 1, and SynPower, and the engine ran smoothest on Valvoline. YMMV.

Sane experience for me on the "tick" on my 2004 Ram with Hemi. Ran SuperTech, GTX, PP, PUP, PPHM and now Valvoline SynPower HM. No tick with the SynPower Maxlife. Added bonus...it has stopped a small amount of weeping I noticed last year when I was running PP HM (which didn't seem to slow it).

So...my vote goes to Valvoline SynPower with Maxlife regardless of mileage.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
Without super long and detailed info, in layman's terms, what is the best choice out of these oils? All costing the same. My requirements are the best oil of the group in a High Milage , 5w20, that will be good for a minimum of 8,000 miles between oil changes. I basically want what everyone else wants. The best oil, best protection, best performance at this price range. I know it doesn't make a huge difference, but I own this vehicle and want the engine to last as long as possible whole being leak free, noise free, and piece of mind.

M1 HM, PP HM, CE HM, VAL Syn HM

IMG_20170902_212926371.jpg

Thanks for your input!

Why would these oils cost the same don't they allow sales where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back