GM isn't so bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:
Wow. Another brain-surgeon on the boards!
Let me guess, you drive a Yukon?
Sounds like someone thought he'd retire on Cabbage-Patch dolls and lost.
rolleyes.gif
[/QB]

Hey, Scott, brains aren't everything. In fact in your case they're nothing. Quit trying so hard, if you like the Cabbage-Patch equivalent of a car, that’s ok! You’ll fit in just fine with the rest of the zit faced freaks.
fruit.gif

quote:

At least that was a good vehicle.
Even CU rates them well...
wink.gif

I was under the impression they were nothing more than a cosmetically restyled Dodge Neon, and we all know what a hunk of crap that car is.

EDIT: It even has the self-destructo-matic Chrysler 4-speed in it! I know someone who had a '96 Grand Caravan with one, it crapped out at 60K (I wonder if they hired the Ford Taurus transmission engineer?), he had it rebuilt and it again crapped out at 150K at which point he traded it in on a Toyota Sienna.

quote:

Originally posted by brianl703:
[qb]At least that was a good vehicle.
Even CU rates them well...
wink.gif
I was under the impression they were nothing more than a cosmetically restyled Dodge Neon, and we all know what a hunk of crap that car is.

It might be more than skin deep.
My friends PT Cruiser feels like a real solid well built car, even on rough roads. Neons I've been in, even low mileage ones always felt like a bunch of parts flying in close formation.

quote:

Originally posted by norseman:

quote:

Wow. Another brain-surgeon on the boards!
Let me guess, you drive a Yukon?
Sounds like someone thought he'd retire on Cabbage-Patch dolls and lost.
rolleyes.gif
Hey, Scott, brains aren't everything. In fact in your case they're nothing. Quit trying so hard, if you like the Cabbage-Patch equivalent of a car, that’s ok! You’ll fit in just fine with the rest of the zit faced freaks.
fruit.gif
[/QB]

Actually the Scion fits in better at the bath house.

It's a real shame that with all the smart and interesting folks here, we have backwoods hicks like "cousincletus" (doesn't that just say it all) and "norseman"

Seems you know more about bathhouses than the rest of us, Cletus.

As for norseman, my guess is that you're about 35, live at home with mom, drive her 1974 Pinto, and post here and myspace from mommy's AOL account.
When you grow up, come on back now, ya hear!

I can take a joke - but online, when one jokes, it's usually followed by an emoticon or other sign of jest...guess I missed those.

I can take a joke - but online, when one jokes, it's usually followed by an emoticon or other sign of jest...guess I missed those.

LOL, oh I know he will.

But just for the record, Scott & I already worked out our differences earlier in this thread. When I saw the Toyota recall, I instantly thought of Scott. All in good fun though. GM's had their fair share also.

quote:

Originally posted by mshu7:
LOL, oh I know he will.

But just for the record, Scott & I already worked out our differences earlier in this thread. When I saw the Toyota recall, I instantly thought of Scott. All in good fun though. GM's had their fair share also.

Of course GM has, and they did not treat their customers as well when it was GM's fault. I know and admit this fact. What bothers me is that he (and the myriad of other "bashers" on this site) cannot/will not accept/believe the FACT that I, nor anyone I know has had these (or any, really) problems with the General's products. Although I do maintain my ride maniacally, I also beat the pi$$ out of it much more than any Camry/Corolla owner ever could/would to their "appliance"!

I hear ya DD. There are a lot of anti-GM people out there just bash to bash, even if they've never owned a GM product in their life. It's no secret that GM made a bad decision with the leaky manifold gaskets. But, I dare any of those people to go buy a GM product that has come out in the past couple years. I think then they'd see that GM really isn't the scum of the earth like they love to say they are.

I myself have had very little bad luck with GM. A few little things here and there but nothing major. Best of all, my '00 Grand AM GT with the leaky 3.4L V6 has never leaked. I'm going on 106K right now. And like you DD, I drive the **** out of my car and it keeps running great.

Regardless, for some people, bashing GM is just the "cool thing to do".

quote:

There are a lot of anti-GM people out there just bash to bash, even if they've never owned a GM product in their life.

Alas, most of the bashing is not isolated "recreational" bashing. Most of these people are folks who've taken it hard on the chin having trusted GM, and feel badly let down. How do you expect someone to feel about GM when they have an engine meltdown resulting from a defect GM knew full well about at the time they built the car, but they tell the owner to pack sand because the meltdown doesn't finally strike until 10k miles post wty? In my case, it was a rash of small-to-medium problems that finally broke my confidence in the product. I have observed, and will readily acknowledge that GM has been making big strides toward better quality -- that's great. OTOH, don't expect working guys who had to unjustly dip into their pockets to the tune of thousands of dollars to keep their cars running to quickly forget. Contrast Toyota's behavior when things go wrong with their cars (hey, I never said ANY car maker has made a perfect product...). Look at the early 07 V-6 Camry thing -- the most painful thing their customers are experiencing are the hickeys all over their butts!!! Toyota is providing free service loaners, making car payments until the owner's trans is made right, and they're throwing in complementary 100k extended warranties to make up for the trouble. Now, there's a company that's serious about keeping customers happy no matter what. Toyota bends over backwards for its customers while GM has a sad history of bending its customers over forward. . .
wink.gif
cheers.gif

I don't disagree with your comments ekpolk. But I still believe there a lot of people out there that jump on the GM-bashing bandwagon just for the **** of it.

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:
Alas, most of the bashing is not isolated "recreational" bashing. Most of these people are folks who've taken it hard on the chin having trusted GM, and feel badly let down. How do you expect someone to feel about GM when they have an engine meltdown resulting from a defect GM knew full well about at the time they built the car, but they tell the owner to pack sand because the meltdown doesn't finally strike until 10k miles post wty?

Ed, you need to get the new age English Language dictionary.

Bash: The act of pointing out to that someone that their sacred cow just crapped in your garage and it stinks.

Hate: To comment that someone's sacred cow isn't actually sacred.

Wow. Give me some credit guys.
I am happy to see you still don't get my comments regarding GM/Ford.

This is going to be like the first time a Mac gets a real Virus (OS X) and PC users will forget that they have 280,000 of them...

I am not going to apologize for the Toyota recall - it is what it is, and *hit happens. It's how they handle it that counts.

I have no idea of the ratio of recalls for GM vs Toyota (or any US vs THEM brands) but it sure feels like the US makers have had more of them...

Anyway, re-read my posts if you think I have blasted for fun any GM owner. I never have.
I HAVE blasted GM and Ford as companies - totally different.

At least my rice-mobile is not on the list (it appears to be Japan-only)

Scott

I wasn't taking anything away from you Scott. Like one of my recent posts said, you wanted to stir up the thread b/c it was getting too civil so I stirred it up for ya
smile.gif
. It was meant to provoke discussion, that's all.

quote:

Originally posted by mshu7:
I don't disagree with your comments ekpolk. But I still believe there a lot of people out there that jump on the GM-bashing bandwagon just for the **** of it.

I agree. There are significant numbers of brainwashed fools who have been programmed to hate domestic cars, no matter what evidence is placed before them. Actually, in the end, I pity people like this, for any number of reasons. Then there are people who've personally experienced expensive let downs or outright disaster with GM products. I pity them too, but for entirely different reasons. They know the score, and they're still anxious to get some payback by telling anyone who'll listen (and many who'd rather not...) their story. These are the folks that GM needs to be worried about, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back