Favorite gun, owned or want to own

I absolutely NEED an IDF 10/22

1711680176974.jpg

1711680187671.jpg

1711680240923.jpg

I'll just say it changes often.
- M1 Garand > 03 Springfield > Walther P99 > Sig [multiple] > 1911 > Kel-Tec KSG > home built AR > Python > J frame > Kel-Tec Comp2K

(FWIW I have been packing a nice J frame more often than not)

H&K P7. Shot it a number of times and found the accuracy to be phenomenal. Should have bought one before they stopped manufacturing them but, at the time, I was concerned about switching back and forth between my other carry pistols without the squeeze cock.
New Jersey State Police carried them for a while. Had a couple accidental discharges during drawing and some other issues. Under
pressure, the tendency was to squeeze all 4 fingers not just the 3 for cocking. BANG-oops😯

I inherited my grandfather's Savage 340 in 30-30. Very plain rifle that I wish had some checkering, but I'm torn about changing something like that. I like how it fits me and the trigger pull, hence I tend to shoot it well.
Its been 25 years and I still miss him.

Marlin Golden 39a, I have 3 of them.
Marlin was bought by Remington about 2005, Remington was unable to make them, Marlin now owned by Ruger, there's doubt if they will try. In any case, they require a lot of hand fitting, not readily adaptable to CNC manufacturing. Literally (IMHO)the finest. 22 lever action rifles ever made, in production over 100 years. Prices for really pristine examples are getting seriously over $1000, and worth it. If they do manage to use CNC and succeed producing them, they still won't equal the hand-fitted original Marlins in feel, looks or function.

Last edited:
Would love to own an M82A1 but they are prohib up here. McMillan TAC-50 is on the list for when Trudles is no longer in office and sanity on firearms is restored.

Order one to my house and I'll let you use it
Amusingly, when I was at the DFW range years back, they had an M82A1 on the floor, for sale. I can't remember the price, maybe $7,500? That could be low, but whatever it was, it surprised me as being pretty reasonable.

Back