Favorite gun, owned or want to own

03 Springfield. Don't know why though. I am not into rifles and haven't shot it for close to 20 years but I like to,look at it and it feels good to handle and work the bolt.

Now that I have it the way I want it, I love how my P320 feels in my hands. It just looks, feels, and shoots right.

I'm not fancy.

Still my 357 mag Colt Python.

Not only do I smile every time I pull it out and laugh like a kid every 6 shots, it has almost universal appeal in any gathering of friends with everyone wanting to shoot it and absolutely everyone in agreement of just how sweet it is.

I'm always looking at those Beautiful High Points for $179 at the gun shows. :p

I actually DID buy one some years ago. After falling off my boat and having a $1000 gun in my holster.
At least if the High Point sunk to the bottom, I would not be out much.

Man does it feel good in the hands. Feels like trying to shoot a cordless drill!;)
I've got a $80 single shot shotgun I carry on tractor or toss in jon boat when fishing because of the fear of something happening when carrying a "nice" gun..

H&K P7. Shot it a number of times and found the accuracy to be phenomenal. Should have bought one before they stopped manufacturing them but, at the time, I was concerned about switching back and forth between my other carry pistols without the squeeze cock.

Uhm...... I did not realize I bought/collected so many over the years. They are hidden all over the house out of reach of grandkids. Matter of fact when they come over I end up moving several to even more secure places. I DID NOT buy all of them. Some passed down from grandfathers and I plan to pass these on to my (2) sons one day. The gun I do not own. Likely never will, but always wanted to own or at least handle and maybe shoot one is the gun General George Patton was quoted to call "the greatest battle implement ever devised". The M1 Garand in 30.06 caliber. It replaced the US Army's bolt-action M1903 Springfield. It has been said of the M1 Garand: In the hands of a company of US infantry soldiers the M1 Garand could lay down such a withering deadly fast amount of firepower most enemies did not want to face it any where on the battlefield.
My guns: I do not get to use them much at all anymore. The last gun I used was when a buddy and I went to a Bass Pro Shop and rented a dual indoor firing lane to shoot our new 9mm autos. That was nice and the cost was very fair.
Ruger 9mm auto with (2) clips of 15
Ruger Blackhawk 357/38spec (you had better wear ear plugs to shoot this gun!)
H&R 22 revolver with (9) shot cyl
Wichester 12 ga pump
H&R 20ga pump
Remmington 12ga crack barrel (single shot)
Remmington Model 11 12ga auto
Remmington Model 1100 12ga auto
Browning BAR .243
Ruger M77 30.06
Browning Belgian made Sweet 16

03 Springfield. Don't know why though. I am not into rifles and haven't shot it for close to 20 years but I like to,look at it and it feels good to handle and work the bolt.
You have the gun I’ve always wanted and still want lol

Walther PPQ 9mm M2 long barrel pistol. I think it was the John Wick gun. Love the dual lever mag release. Lefty friendly

H&K P7. Shot it a number of times and found the accuracy to be phenomenal. Should have bought one before they stopped manufacturing them but, at the time, I was concerned about switching back and forth between my other carry pistols without the squeeze cock.
Had one and hated it. It got too hot to fire more than about 50-100 rds at a time.

I always wanted a HK 45 Compact or Sig 229 .357

My favorite firearm was my old Ruger 10/22. Back then I could buy a brick (1,000 rds) of 22 LR for about $20.
I forgot until you mentioned the Ruger 10/22 that was the very first rifle I bought. I recall paying exactly $99.00 for mine. I think like everything else they are likley double or triple that these days. It came with square rotary clip you loaded and installed underneath?
I sold or traded it for something back in the 80s. Likely fishing equpiment as I had gotten the fishing bug so bad I almost gave
up hunting and shooting 100% for a long time. Funny I still have bricks of those 22lr in the house and use them on and off if I get
the bug to shoot my 22 revolver (9) shot H&R I been owning since the 70s.

I forgot until you mentioned the Ruger 10/22 that was the very first rifle I bought. I recall paying exactly $99.00 for mine. I think like everything else they are likley double or triple that these days. It came with square rotary clip you loaded and installed underneath?
I sold or traded it for something back in the 80s. Likely fishing equpiment as I had gotten the fishing bug so bad I almost gave
up hunting and shooting 100% for a long time. Funny I still have bricks of those 22lr in the house and use them on and off if I get
the bug to shoot my 22 revolver (9) shot H&R I been owning since the 70s.

I had 30 rd banana clips which would snap together. Remember the 3-rd burst trigger mod? I always wanted that. About 10 yrs ago I gave mine away to a high school buddy with whom I used to go shooting with. He wanted to teach his daughter how to shoot. Man we tore through ammo.

My buddy's father was a gun dealer and he had a bunch to old Mausers which we would occasionally shoot as well

I had 30 rd banana clips which would snap together. Remember the 3-rd burst trigger mod? I always wanted that. About 10 yrs ago I gave mine away to a high school buddy with whom I used to go shooting with. He wanted to teach his daughter how to shoot. Man we tore through ammo.

My buddy's father was a gun dealer and he had a bunch to old Mausers which we would occasionally shoot as well
Oh yeah. I knew some guys who ended up with some multi round banana style clips. I loved that little gun. I must have been about 17 or 18 when I got it and put a cheap scope on it right away and sling. I would spend some Saturdays all day in the woods walking and stalking big red fox squirrels with it. I got to where I could pop them in the head and prefered using the rifle to shooting them with a shotgun. Squirrel hunting in the woods became a passion of mine so much for several years that I ended up training two dogs over the years to go with me. They would fan out in front of me and keep me in eye contact until they chased and treed one. Then I could slip up and pop them. One of my dogs liked it so much he would go find them on ground and bring them to me. Another thing he liked to do was let me pick a spot and sit next to me. Then as the squirrels would come creeping thru the trees and I shot them he would run and find it and bring it back. Those Ruger 10/22s were some really light ,nice and accurate guns for a good price back then. I am sure the quality is still as good. I been a Ruger fan/customer for over 40 years. Never had one issue or need for repair with anyone I have ever owned.

Yes, not really dangerous for someone using an action designed for it and having a pressure setup to ensure pressures are not exceeded.
Correct, thanks for reply. You can have the knowledge too.

Back