Fast food joints, do we need them

When I was working I traveled a lot in a van and went from one hospital to the next working on Xray equipment. Fast food was a lifesaver. Never knew where I would be for my next meal. Taco Bell cheddar cheese chalupa. The best lately is the beef chalupa box for $5.00

That's the same for all restaurant foods and grocery we buy from the store.

When was the last time you buy something because they are nutritious instead of taste good and cheap? I don't think I did. There is a reason we sell more hot dogs than kale in grocery stores.

Always. We only buy "ingredients", not factory made "food". Same reason we do not eat at chain "restaurants". Pulling stuff out of a box and heating it up is not cooking. We only cook from scratch.

I consider a horse a sacred animal and knowingly couldn't eat one.
Nothing is sacred anymore. Food is basically carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen plus some trace minerals. Basically the entire universe is composed of fermions, leptons and bosons. Plus some dark matter/dark energy and gravity. That's about it, nothing sacred about it.

If I knew then what I know now, I would never have consumed alcohol. I would have refused extra portions and all junk food. I would have never eaten fast food. I would have stayed away from almost all restaurants. I would have learned to cook. And if there was no alternative, I would have gone hungry. If I had missed 2 or 3 meals every week all during my adult life, I probably would be a lot healthier now. Unfortunately for me, my path to bad eating habits started with family members who thought they were doing it out of love. If only I had learned to say NO and gotten away with it.

Nothing is sacred anymore. Food is basically carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen plus some trace minerals. Basically the entire universe is composed of fermions, leptons and bosons. Plus some dark matter/dark energy and gravity. That's about it, nothing sacred about it.
If that's how you feel, then why not take your family pet and introduce it to the spit and have a serving of carbon.

If that's how you feel, then why not take your family pet and introduce it to the spit and have a serving of carbon.
Well taste is also important. I'm afraid it won't taste like beef or chicken. They do eat dogs and cats in other countries. Here's the infamous one about dogs in the NY Times. I think it's gone down since but I think they still do it.

And it's not how I feel, it's just the way it is.

Not true at all. It's the unique combinations of particles that make unique things and appreciating that is being human.

You're trying to think deep about this but you are only rejecting the vast majority of the human experience.

Last edited:
Not true at all. It's the unique combinations of particles that make unique things and appreciating that is being human.

You're trying to think deep about this but you are only rejecting the vast majority of the human experience.
I'm not sure what you even really said. You don't believe in chemistry or physics? Horse meat isn't that rare either, popular in other cultures. In others, cows are sacred and some don't eat beef because of it. But I don't have a problem having a burger any day of the week.

Believing in Chemistry and Physics does not remove the larger part of the equation of being human and holding some things sacred even if that doesn't integrate into a form of religion.

Believing in Chemistry and Physics does not remove the larger part of the equation of being human and holding some things sacred even if that doesn't integrate into a form of religion.
I don't think you're making any sense which is the whole point of holding things sacred. People in other parts of the world don't hold the same world view as your view. So it's your view that is short sighted, not mine. How can you consider not eating dogs or horses sacred when other parts of the world do it on a regular basis? It means nothing is sacred. Logic isn't usually a strong point when it comes to whether something is sacred or not.

Your lack of understanding means I don't make sense to you. You need to explore personal growth and realize that someting you merely memorized in a textbook, was just being a parrot and no more valuable than that.

Yes, something other countries (which is not country specific, it's just the impoverished class that makes the news) do out of DESPERATION AND DEPRAVITY are beneath those of us who have better lives.

It makes a difference whether something is done necessarily to survive versus what someone would do if not in that situation. Any species does this, but only as a last resort. Do you think that average, let alone better well off families in those countries eat dog? LOL, no they do not.

You have no logic. Logic has to necessarily consider ALL the variables instead of selectively ignoring the major ones.

You strike me as the abomination i see all the time, someone with a very low intelligence level, being allowed to memorize things they can't understand in school, and then even allowed to further advance without demonstrating any ability to use the information. It is really sad that society has let you keep the level of ego you have when someone should have knocked you down long, long before now.

Shorter version: If you can't understand how morals matter, your depravity is only your own. It's not all just atoms making something, it's about personal choice and conscience. If you have no conscience then you are a psychopath... trying to hide, pretending that nobody noticed, pretending that you can argue your way out of that. You can't.

How about spending more time in the real world? I know it's probably a big risk for you given your anti-social nonsense, but the world will teach you what's right and wrong, has a way of correcting these kinds of errors. BUT, you must get up from your keyboard and live that life. You have no idea how serious I am and how much that would help you. I seldom make this much effort but you seem to have the energy to make this change.

Last edited:
Your intolerance and limited world view is rather epic. You haven't answered any of my questions. I wouldn't exactly call China impoverished and a desperate and depraved culture, their recorded history of civilization has been around longer than ours.

People around the world eat all kinds of things and some do it because they feel it's a delicacy not because they're poor. You should see the list of exotic animals they like to eat which are causing some to become extinct.

Read carefully what I wrote. You're jumping to conclusions that aren't even there.

I also don't think you understand how logic works. When you come to a conclusion, it's based on the premises that you've made. Your problem is that none of your premises can be shown to be true so your entire logical argument falls apart. You haven't even put forth any premises to base any logical conclusion on. Whereas I mentioned that other cultures and countries do things differently. How you can explain how ours is superior and theirs is inferior. Your only argument so far seems to be that it's because they're poor. But that doesn't explain how some cultures think cows are sacred and others don't eat pork but we have no problems with it. And these people with those beliefs also live in the US so the poor argument doesn't even work. That's why I say you have a very limited world view and have your own brainwashing/indoctrination to work on. Not everyone on here is from the same area as you and suffer the same problem so we all don't think the same as you. Hence your intolerance for something different.

There's certain things I will not eat or kill if I have a choice: pets are amongst those but mainly because you don't know how they ended up on the plate, someone could be missing them. If push comes to shove and it's a choice between eating a cat/dog or not knowing where the next meal comes from it's not a choice at all...

I'm at Burger King right now lol.

I forgot a White Castle just opened up about a year ago across the street.

Your intolerance and limited world view is rather epic. You haven't answered any of my questions. I wouldn't exactly call China impoverished and a desperate and depraved culture, their recorded history of civilization has been around longer than ours.

People around the world eat all kinds of things and some do it because they feel it's a delicacy not because they're poor. You should see the list of exotic animals they like to eat which are causing some to become extinct.

Read carefully what I wrote. You're jumping to conclusions that aren't even there.

I also don't think you understand how logic works. When you come to a conclusion, it's based on the premises that you've made. Your problem is that none of your premises can be shown to be true so your entire logical argument falls apart. You haven't even put forth any premises to base any logical conclusion on. Whereas I mentioned that other cultures and countries do things differently. How you can explain how ours is superior and theirs is inferior. Your only argument so far seems to be that it's because they're poor. But that doesn't explain how some cultures think cows are sacred and others don't eat pork but we have no problems with it. And these people with those beliefs also live in the US so the poor argument doesn't even work. That's why I say you have a very limited world view and have your own brainwashing/indoctrination to work on. Not everyone on here is from the same area as you and suffer the same problem so we all don't think the same as you. Hence your intolerance for something different.
I have to read this thread in its entirety now.. i know that wasn't @ me but now im curious.

The sacred argument has a tacit "to me" in it. I cannot make something sacred for anyone. Sacred has both religious and secular connotations. To avoid going afoul of the rules here, I will not go deeper.

However, it is clear we do not all share the same world view either religiously or in a secular fashion. Therefore, holding something sacred is an individual choice.

One cannot dictate what constitutes sacred for another person.

All we can do, and this forum is not the right place for such arguments, is to make the case for one's view and hope we are convincing.

But again, not here.

I have to read this thread in its entirety now.. i know that wasn't @ me but now im curious.
That was the guy above me. It went far off the deep end. I was just pointing out a few facts and I think he took it personally. His logic was also weak, if you say something like everyone is doing it but I give you an example of one person not doing it, then obviously your claim that everyone does it is wrong. End of story. Never claimed I liked it or said if it was good or bad.

I wouldn’t go crazy. I have cut way back on my intake of fast food. I now choose locally owned joints over the chains. That’s when I go. It’s not for me or anyone else to decide if they stay open or close.

Y'all should argue over an XL bucket of chicken nuggets.
Haven't seen a bucket of chicken nuggets, just buckets of chicken. And it's been a long time since I had a bucket of chicken, it's just kinda disappointing to get, it's one of those things where it seems like it's a nice full bucket of chicken in the pictures, but when you actually get it, it's more bucket than chicken.

Back