Give me some restaurant recs for Sarasota area

We are regulars to the Longboat Key area for vacation. One thing I'd like to find (after 15+ years) is 2-3 decent, higher-end restaurants in the Sarasota area (if they exist) that we can venture to.

I don't want one with a high-end dress code requirement, I'm not opposed to dressing decently to go out to eat (I did it yesterday and sat mostly in the sun at an outside table for 2+ hours in 88-90 degrees for Mother's Day), but I'd really, really, really rather not take jeans/shoes/etc. Certainly there's plenty of decent places with great food that allow shorts.

We venture down to Venice at times to go to ONE place, San Marco Italian. It's owned/run by Italians and they have fresh pasta, a requirement of mine for an Italian meal out.

Other places we eat while down there are

Dry Dock (LBK, I don't care for the place but my wife HAS to have a lobster roll from there)
The Beach House (between LBK and AMI - higher end, great food, great location, great service, on the Gulf)
Starfish (Ultimate hole-in-the-wall joint with fresh seafood, hushpuppies, cheese grits and cole-beer)
New Pass Grill (great lunch spot, another hole-in-the-wall type place, you can't beat the atmosphere with a stick)

We've been to Euphemia Hay on LBK, it's almost within walking distance, but the dress code....

I've searched and searched AMI, we've been to a couple of places there, don't need to go back. Same thing for St Armands. And as far as LBK, we've either been to the place you're gonna name or heard that it's not great. I'm interested in Sarasota proper, something fairly accessible through St Armands or back through Cortez...

If you're Sarasota regulars or know it by heart and some good restaurants, let me know.

Come on down the Memorial Day week. :D
Be careful what you offer! I would try, but a grandson is having his third birthday party in Denver. Thanks so very much for the offer.

Break- the Columbian in Tampa has a very rare old time atmosphere if you have time. I find Berns Steakhouse also to be great history, but the food does not align with the price.

Back