"Victory Will be Mine!" "Blast!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
People who darken the door of that store have no idea that there are other people in the world who treat grocery shopping as a secondary daily activity.

That's how I feel everytime I go to Costco here in Japan. I guess the Japanese are not educated in how to move your basket to the side when you stop to stare at something

K-Mart is its own worst enemy. The one I stopped into the other day hasn't changed much in the last 25 years. It reminded me why I hadn't been there in years...

Last time I was in K-mart was when they had Pennzoil YB on sale for about $2/quart a few months back.

Prior to that, the period between visits could have been measured in years.

They're redoing the Mall-Wart nearest me, even to the extent of changing the logo to read "Walmart" instead of "WAL-MART." I suppose most of their customers don't know what a hyphen is.

I haven't been to the closest one in a while. Miss Linda has finally seen (some) light, and on Sunday mornings now we grocery-shop at the Save-a-Lot a half-mile away. The last I saw inside the Walmart, they were opening up those aisles . . . but if they have fewer actual racks, they'll have fewer items to sell, right? Unless they build them even higher than the towers they used to have, which always made me nervous. Last thing you want is for a hundred pounds of candy or dishes or even oil to fall on your head.

Originally Posted By: Vilan
Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
What about the friendly service? In West Deptford, the associates were sunny and bright. At the New York–area discount store, not so much. "You'll notice we've been in the store for two hours, and no one has even said hello to us," Flickinger says after he and I toured that store.

I'd call that a bonus. I was in Best Buy last Monday and got approached by 3 or 4 roving "associates" within about five minutes. If I need your help figuring out what music I like, I'll ask for it.

I hate that! Its like stopping at a car lot to check out a new model and you get harrassed by 3 salesmen in 10 minutes. Sir, do you want to go on a test drive? Sir, do you want to look in the trunk? Sir, do you want to smell the engine oil?

What? Smell the oil? Well, maybe...
20.gif

Funny you say that-a few moths ago I went car shopping with my brother inlaw. We were just browsing the lot and out of nowehere comes that salesman trying to show us Every thing and he want ed to make us sit in and drive the cars!!! Finally Gis had enouhg off it and asked the salesman if he could pop the hood so we could check all the fluids lol!!!!!

Originally Posted By: stranger706
Its like stopping at a car lot to check out a new model and you get harrassed by 3 salesmen in 10 minutes. Sir, do you want to go on a test drive? Sir, do you want to look in the trunk? Sir, do you want to smell the engine oil?

What? Smell the oil? Well, maybe...
20.gif

The general trend now is actually low profile shelving. The aisles get "wider" when you remove all the features (four ways, stack bases, etc) from the action alleys and then extend the side counters by approx 3 ft. This opens the action alleys and you don't have to look around displays when shopping there. Three or four extra feet of side counter on both sides is the same as an additional 6-8 feet of sales space and when you add additional shelves to the mod, you increase that space even more.

As far as customer service goes, things are changing there too. I'm sure it won't change as quickly as some hope but there are plans in place to get the ball rolling.

Oilpants,

When I was looking to purchase my car, the salesman came out, handed me his card and said..."All the cars are unlocked, help yourself and browse all you want. If you need anything, I will be right inside that door." I bought from them. Why? Because the left me alone to shop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back