Fast food joints, do we need them

If all the fast food places close, would we all go crazy,,,we did not go crazy in the 50s when they were few and far between,,,so whats the big deal,,,eat at home, now there's a thought,,we are lazy IMHO,,,ok,,lets go get a burger,lol.

I don't know what you have against fast food. Many are on the go and on the road with their jobs. Fast food comes in handy under those situations. You have a choice to drive on by them. Comparing the 50's to present day is comparing apples to oranges.

I just don't understand what it would accomplish. The issue is not necessarily the food they serve, rather the fact that some people just can't control their cravings. Taking fast food away would only drive those people to other things, that are just as processed but not as convenient, such as frozen foods or individually packaged foods. Neither of which are any better (maybe even worse) than what you get at a fast food restaurant. In the meantime, you're simply taking away an option for people who are on the road, or otherwise unavailable to be home to cook, in an effort to control other people's lives. History has proven that this isn't the best way to approach problems.

I just don't understand what it would accomplish. The issue is not necessarily the food they serve, rather the fact that some people just can't control their cravings. Taking fast food away would only drive those people to other things, that are just as processed but not as convenient, such as frozen foods or individually packaged foods. Neither of which are any better (maybe even worse) than what you get at a fast food restaurant. In the meantime, you're simply taking away an option for people who are on the road, or otherwise unavailable to be home to cook, in an effort to control other people's lives. History has proven that this isn't the best way to approach problems.

Sometimes it is the same or virtually the same food, just in different packagings.

I went to a fast food place a month ago. I felt like I wasted $12 and wasn't impressed. All their good deals are gone, anyway. (Burger King.)

Fast food is all done, IMHO, and McDonald's simply has ZERO taste, felt this way for years... Sorry. Yeah they did the McRib thing but didn't you notice, they bring it out once every year or so? Its a gimmick. White Castle used to do the same thing with either French Onion or Garlic cheeseburgers, not sure if they still do...

I wish there was a Krispy Kreme near me. It's about 110 miles away in Baton Rouge.
I sure miss Tampa, FL. There were 2 KK's near me. The one closest was only like 2.5 miles away. 😋

We already have an existing “disparage fast food and the people that patronize the establishments” thread, not sure why we need another one. Why not just post your opinions in there?

It’s titled a bit different but the content is the same:

Last edited:
Do we need it in terms of a healthy food choice for an obese and fiscally challenged population? No.

Is it convenient for folks on the go to be able to get something to eat and a bathroom? Sure.

But other better options are available under most circumstances.

Gone are the days of dinner buckets.

Do we need milk? bread? eggs? meat? vegetables? grains? fruits?

Do we need candy? soda? chips? cookies? cakes? coffee? tea? frozen foods? canned foods?

Do we need tobacco, alcohol, energy drinks..?

Do we need keto? vegan? paleo? carnivore? vegetarian?

The market says yes... to all.

Do we need Fast Food Joints? Pharma and Hospitals and the unsustainable and inhumane meat, dairy and ag corps say YES please.

Would you like fries with that?

Gone are the days of dinner buckets.

Do we need milk? bread? eggs? meat? vegetables? grains? fruits?

Do we need candy? soda? chips? cookies? cakes? coffee? tea? frozen foods? canned foods?

Do we need tobacco, alcohol, energy drinks..?

Do we need keto? vegan? paleo? carnivore? vegetarian?

The market says yes... to all.

Do we need Fast Food Joints? Pharma and Hospitals and the unsustainable and inhumane meat, dairy and ag corps say YES please.

Would you like fries with that?
I'm going to McDs today just in honor of that post.

eat at home, now there's a thought,,we are lazy IMHO,,,ok,,lets go get a burger,lol.
We're a family of 5. I work until 6pm and my wife works until 730-800pm (and is a full-time nursing student). Would you come to our house and be our personal chef and maid ? I get home and are in a rush to prepare something in the times that I didn't put something in the crock pot or thaw something out. Do we end up with fast-food sometimes ? Yeap, sure do.... Do we like doing that ? Well, yes and no....

Our kids do have a meal option every night. If they don't like what we make, they're on their own (and old enough to take care of it). Our house is also kept clean (5-10 minutes a day to keep it tidy takes care of that part).

If people don't like fast food, don't buy it. Pretty simple.

I wouldn’t know what to do without it. Everyday I eat fast food breakfast because nobody beats Hardee’s or Bojangles for breakfast it’s probably not the best thing for me but their breakfast is so good I can’t resist it. Plus my dad gets 2 coffees and 2 McRibs everyday from McDonalds so I know he would be lost without it as well.

Back