Ecogard s241 Virgin C&P

No slander, all in good fun. If I didn't like you, I'd just ignore you. :p
I'd rather you put me on ignore than try to twist up what I've said, because it doesn't really come across as "humor". It comes across as trying to claim I've made certain claims that I haven't made. I don't find that funny.

New stock S241...
The can is thick and exceptionally strong..
Just under .025" thick
Rock solid filter. This 10K filter is a better filter in all respects to the 20k K&N Select from my cps.. I prefer this over the Fram TG as well.
The powder coating is perfection. Under $7 on Amazon last week.

View attachment 210433View attachment 210434View attachment 210435View attachment 210436

Same design as a the STP S3600XL I posted a few months ago. Rock solid design. When Chinese filters aren't chinesium anymore and North American made filters are looking more americanesium these days with sloppy manufacturing.

Also if you sniff the media, theres a strong resin smell coming from it. Compared to synthetic media which are odorless for the most part.

I'd rather you put me on ignore than try to twist up what I've said, because it doesn't really come across as "humor". It comes across as trying to claim I've made certain claims that I haven't made. I don't find that funny.
Yeah, just like you implied I said "High quality" on torn Purolator's. You know as they say a taste of your own...

Yeah, just like you implied I said "High quality" on torn Purolator's. You know as they say a taste of your own...
One's sense of "high quality" might be skewed by fanboyism. ;)

Last edited:
$7 dollars & metal end caps sure beats the socks off of "fiber" end caps that TG probably employs. Nice pics. (y)
New stock S241...
The can is thick and exceptionally strong..
Just under .025" thick
Rock solid filter. This 10K filter is a better filter in all respects to the 20k K&N Select from my cps.. I prefer this over the Fram TG as well.
The powder coating is perfection. Under $7 on Amazon last week.

View attachment 210433View attachment 210434View attachment 210435View attachment 210436
The media on this Ecogard has been assembled and glued nicely. It is rated at 10k miles while a Tough Guard is rated at 15K. Any thoughts as to why? Is it the media density that controls filter life or the type of media? Thank you.

The media on this Ecogard has been assembled and glued nicely. It is rated at 10k miles while a Tough Guard is rated at 15K. Any thoughts as to why? Is it the media density that controls filter life or the type of media? Thank you.
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but its to do with the holding capacity of the filter. mileage ratings are a sensitve topic because 15k miles on a spotless motor with a high quality synthetic is very different than 15k miles with generic motor oil in a sludged up motor.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but its to do with the holding capacity of the filter. mileage ratings are a sensitve topic because 15k miles on a spotless motor with a high quality synthetic is very different than 15k miles with generic motor oil in a sludged up motor.

I'd say you nailed it exactly right there. Only other factor is marketing, you see if especially with Fram.

In a clean engine I'm certain a synthetic PG could easily exceed 10k miles.

Yes, the "up to" mileage use rating is connected to the holding capacity. "Up to" implies the best case scenario, so if someone thinks it can do the "up to" mileage rating on a dirty sludged up engine doesn't quite understand.

Only other factor is marketing, you see if especially with Fram.
When Motorking was active here, he explained how Fram bases the "up to" mileage use rating based on the holding capacity - iirc, he mentioned a worse case of 1 gram of debris generated per 1000 miles for a typical engine. I'm betting a well taken care of engine produces way less than that, and the "up to" rating is probably more based on a typical "clean" running engine with less than the 1g/1K rate. Fram and other big filter companies most likely do some field testing to collect some real world in use data.

Last edited:
I have PG's from both Vietnam and China and I can't tell the difference between them quality wise. A trend that has also been supported here with C/P's.I

OMG! Is everyone supposed to hold hands and cry now? 🤣🤣🤣

OMG! Is everyone supposed to hold hands and cry now? 🤣🤣🤣
LoL ... people need to read better and stop playing games and twisting things around is more like it. Just like you having a bad memory that distorts what you "think" I said 10-12 years ago. 😂

Not doubting any of the spot on posts above but personally I think PG-EG are playing it safe and smart.
I don't like screw ups and I would over build the filter and under rate it to avoid liability and those that over extend things like we do here.

I'd make a 20K filter and list it as a 10k or 15k..
Today unlike yesterday the truth comes out.
You can't hide what's inside anymore.
Personally I wouldn't put the 15k rating on the TG and certainly not the 20k rating on the KN select... JMHO

Back