Virgin EcoGard X4651 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
........... So much for 100% leak tested.

I would imagine any leak testing criteria is as a whole unit and not anything that checks ADBV retention between inlet and outlet of the media.

I believe it is a version of blowing air with the mouth on the threaded hole and seeing if it holds air. It probably consists of a threaded nipple connected to a compressed air source. The worker threads the filter on, turns the air on, watches if the gauge drops, then on to the next one. I don't know for sure but in the USA we couldn't pay someone to sit and do that all day. We design for no leak, test the design, then make it. If they are testing fast, which we know they are in China, they probably wouldn't see a small baseplate leak. As far as I know it does test the ADBV function. I also think moisture in the test air caused the rust. All IMO.

Quote:
... I also think moisture in the test air caused the rust....

Either that or depending on shipping method, the salt air moisture in a shipping container, combined with a lack of sufficient rust inhibitor caused the rust. In the end it's poor QC.

^^^^^^
I have never seen rust on a WIX or Champ Labs filter. I have seen rust on several Motorcraft FL-820S filters.

I like Sayjac's assessment of shipping and storage methods and poor QC.

The Tractor Supply store that I visited in Florida carried several EcoGards (although not the entire line)...they also carried PrimeGuard (which appeared identical except for being painted black rather than blue.
Both were $1.99. From what I've seen C&P'd they are a decent filter and I'd use them without hesitation for a 5K OCI. If TS carried the synthetic version for $4 or so I'd use it in a heartbeat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back