Doesn't everyone here want the best? Win vs MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, since everyone here wants the best for their car. The best filtration, the best fluids, the best wax, tires, maintenance, etc. Why doesn't everyone here also own Macs? They are obviously the best. If your car broke down as much as Windows crashes, would you keep it? If your car constantly had small problems like Windows does with viruses, malware, etc. Would you keep it? I have had Apple computers for years, I have NEVER had one lock up, crash, got a blue screen of death, or even slow down at all! The only problem AT ALL I have had with my MacBook is that the power cord stopped working. That was probably my fault for winding it up multiple times a day and putting it into my laptop bag. Just curious..... Windows makes nice kool-aid though....why drink it, it has a virus in it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not experience problems with my Windows 7 machine. It doesn't crash, freeze, get viruses, etc.

*shrug*

LOL this is funny. I can't stand Mac let alone Apple. Seems my mac broke more then my Toshiba, and Im not into the Attitude of apple. Everytime you walk in the door something is outdated and they dont want to talk unless you have the latest and greatest item....Example Iphone 47.666

Im truely sorry you have been sucked into Apple

I agree. 3 mac home for years and never a problem. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and buy what they are comfortable with. I prefer macs and feel they justify the added cost over other computers.

where's nick R?
smirk.gif

I just got a Mac for the first time. WHile I am liking it A LOT, I can't really say I ever had a major issue with my Windows PC's and laptops.

Run a quality AntiVirus and you should be good. I still use my Toshiba Laptop with great results.

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
LOL this is funny. I can't stand Mac let alone Apple. Seems my mac broke more then my Toshiba, and Im not into the Attitude of apple. Everytime you walk in the door something is outdated and they dont want to talk unless you have the latest and greatest item....Example Iphone 47.666

"Sucked" into apple???

A QUAD core processor, a 1 TB hard drive, a 27inch 1440 resolution screen with a contrast ratio of 1000:1.

If this is getting "sucked in" hopefully it happens more often!!!!

Hopefully my parents "suck" me into a Nikon D3x this holiday season!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
where's nick R?
smirk.gif

Why do I get the feeling that the OP was specifically baiting me with his post? You know what OP= troll. "Macs are the best"? In what world? You know what, I've been using computers far less than a lot of people, but I've still never had a computer crash becasue of something that wasn't my fault. If I've had a blue screen, it's because I was dumb and installed the wrong driver or something stupid like that.

I've had a few viruses, but they were all my fault, and they were all removed within minutes with my free anti virus. And anyone who says that macs don't get viruses is fooling themselves. Macs are less secure than any windows computer. There are just fewer viruses out there, but that is changing as people are writing more and more viruses for mac. Apple computers are rated mid-pack for reliability, yet mac fans convieniently overlook that fact. Windows is kool aid? then what does that make mac fanatics?

Supposedly macs are "magical" and "perfect". That is completely opposite from the truth. They use the exact same components as every other computer out there, besides a nicer exterior on the macbook pros.

Also, Mac OS doesn't allow you to game, because nobody writes games for them. And even if they did, even the most expensive macs have relatively weak graphics cards.

Not that there is really anything wrong with mac, but they are certainly not "the best". At all.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
I just got a Mac for the first time. WHile I am liking it A LOT, I can't really say I ever had a major issue with my Windows PC's and laptops.

Run a quality AntiVirus and you should be good. I still use my Toshiba Laptop with great results.

"Sucked" into apple???

A QUAD core processor, a 1 TB hard drive, a 27inch 1440 resolution screen with a contrast ratio of 1000:1.

Yeah but what did you pay for that? I can build a desktop with windows for about $1400-$1500 with an i5, 8GB of RAM, decent graphics card, and 27" LED monitor. Maybe a little bit more than that.

Get and Ipad 1 and walk in the door of an apple store. They will look at you like somesort of freak of nature because you haven't " Upgraded "

While resolution is sure snazy, I can't use my latest tuning software with it so it's completely worthless to me.

My toshiba has the latest Intel,loads of space 600, and plenty fast to keep up with BITOG, the resolution is amazing, awesome sound, makes me money, and cost 500.00.

Apple loves their cultish customers but hate people like me

My laptop cost $380. It's got a high quality aluminum case, an excellent keyboard, a decent 768p screen, Dual-Core 3Ghz processor, 3GB of DDR3 RAM (upgraded to 4GB for a mere $25), 320GB HDD, Radeon 4270graphics with 128MB of dedicated graphics memory, running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. What mac competes with this?

Originally Posted By: Nick R

"Sucked" into apple???

Yeah but what did you pay for that? I can build a desktop with windows for about $1400-$1500 with an i5, 8GB of RAM, decent graphics card, and 27" LED monitor. Maybe a little bit more than that.

Loooooower.
wink.gif

I've got a nice little Dell that came with an ATI 5770, core i7 920 and 12 GB of DDR3, not to mention the two optical drives, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD and sound card. The additional cost of upgrading to an ATI 5850 video card, Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum HD sound card and new PSU rounds out to about what you quoted. I've had this setup for nearly a year now, and have yet to have a single problem. I'm really impressed with Windows 7.

The same setup in Mac would have cost double.

I will mention that I happened to pick up my PC in the scratch and dent section of Dell's outlet. That does matter, and did save me hundreds.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I do not experience problems with my Windows 7 machine. It doesn't crash, freeze, get viruses, etc.

*shrug*

Agreed. Zero complaints here with my $700 (shipped, incl tax) Dell 17" Studio laptop running windows 7. It has never crashed, needed rebooted (other than for an update) had a virus or any issues in the 2 years I have owned it. Best $700 I ever spent. Beautiful display, large backlit keyboard with 10 key. Love it!

"Sucked" into apple???

I paid $1699

Finding the 27inch LED 1440 resolution screen w/ 1000:1 contrast ratio is where the money is going to go.

And sadly nick, your custom built computer won't have a sweet apple logo!!!

LOL!

People, buy your computers based on what you want them for!

If your a die hard gamers, get the fully pimped Dell XPS

If your a family looking for a reasonably priced computer that you can use to buy things online, update Facebook and so your kids can do there homework, get the HP, dell, ect. . . .

Talking about how one computer is better than the other or how one OS is better than the other is pointless.

It's like ford vs chevy.

Gas vs. Diesel

I mean. What works for you is what works for you. Be happy you have what you want. A lot of people in this country rely on outdated computers in their local libraries. A lot of people in this world have never even used a computer.

Lets invest our time into more constructive debates.

Like what logo is most sexy? The Windows logo or Apple logo?

Deffinetly the Apple logo looks great plastered on the back of a Mini van

and we all know mini vans are like fat chicks nobody wants to be seen with 1

Originally Posted By: Cooper
Okay, since everyone here wants the best for their car. The best filtration, the best fluids, the best wax, tires, maintenance, etc. Why doesn't everyone here also own Macs? They are obviously the best. If your car broke down as much as Windows crashes, would you keep it? If your car constantly had small problems like Windows does with viruses, malware, etc. Would you keep it? I have had Apple computers for years, I have NEVER had one lock up, crash, got a blue screen of death, or even slow down at all! The only problem AT ALL I have had with my MacBook is that the power cord stopped working. That was probably my fault for winding it up multiple times a day and putting it into my laptop bag. Just curious..... Windows makes nice kool-aid though....why drink it, it has a virus in it though.

I don't think everyone here wants the best for their cars. They want the best value. Most people here don't use $9/qt motor oil; they use $3-5/qt stuff.

Similarly, Macs are a poor value. A decent Windows PC costs $700 with monitor. A comparable Mac desktop would cost $1000 refurbished or $1300 new. That's why Macs don't sell better. OTOH, the iPad is priced competitively with the competition, hence it dominates its market.

"Sucked" into apple???

I paid $1699

Finding the 27inch LED 1440 resolution screen w/ 1000:1 contrast ratio is where the money is going to go.

And sadly nick, your custom built computer won't have a sweet apple logo!!!

LOL!

People, buy your computers based on what you want them for!

If your a die hard gamers, get the fully pimped Dell XPS

If your a family looking for a reasonably priced computer that you can use to buy things online, update Facebook and so your kids can do there homework, get the HP, dell, ect. . . .

Talking about how one computer is better than the other or how one OS is better than the other is pointless.

It's like ford vs chevy.

Gas vs. Diesel

I mean. What works for you is what works for you. Be happy you have what you want. A lot of people in this country rely on outdated computers in their local libraries. A lot of people in this world have never even used a computer.

Lets invest our time into more constructive debates.

Like what logo is most sexy? The Windows logo or Apple logo?

Exactly! I'm a gamer, but don't want to pay more than I have to. The components are now all the same, so if one software allows more options for gaming, then that's what I'll buy. If I were less a gamer and more of a multi-media kind of guy or, better yet, only needed to surf the web, share pics and take care of some business, then my goal would be to spend even LESS money than I have on my current machine for my current needs. This would still be PC, though you do get what you pay for so, going too low and buying a base E-machines PC might not produce the same results over the long run.

To be honest, Mac or PC, most people over-buy computers. My parents routinely spend as much as I do (partially because they pay retail price at Best Buy and have the Geek Squad hook everything up) for their home PC's and all they do is surf the web, look at pics and play Chicktionary. They'd be just as well served by a tiny little case filled with a dual Atom processor for a few hundred and re-using their old, perfectly fine LCD monitor.

The same can be said for toys of all sorts, including vehicles and homes. We buy what we feel we deserve, not what we need. I'm just as guilty of this as the next guy, but at least I know what's in the koolaid I'm drinking.
crackmeup2.gif

Im just gonna butt in here-- I've been in the market for a laptop and came across a Dell Inspiron at Best Buy. Hey NICK R, are they any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back