Despite Tyson Fury being a multimillionaire he says he still shops Aldi and Lidl.

Who would shop at Aldi lol. I guess if you are rich you want to save money. The one we have here is full of generic food that doesn’t taste good. They were supposed to build a Lidl but Lidl decided to sell the property they bought here and not come to this area. I have no idea who this guy is lol. But props to him for giving them their business cause I sure won’t give them any.

Who would shop at Aldi lol. I guess if you are rich you want to save money. The one we have here is full of generic food that doesn’t taste good. They were supposed to build a Lidl but Lidl decided to sell the property they bought here and not come to this area. I have no idea who this guy is lol. But props to him for giving them their business cause I sure won’t give them any.
I used to hate on them for the 25 cent shopping carts, but I do drop in occasionally for a few specific items that are good. Tub of tzatziki sauce and guacamole, Asiago and Parmesan cheese, shelled pistachios, jerky, tub of salad greens. All much cheaper than at the regular supermarkets.

I used to hate on them for the 25 cent shopping carts, but I do drop in occasionally for a few specific items that are good. Tub of tzatziki sauce and guacamole, Asiago and Parmesan cheese, shelled pistachios, jerky, tub of salad greens. All much cheaper than at the regular supermarkets.
I like the carts, because, at least where I am, none are left in the parking lot ,to roll into my vehicle.

Last edited:
Just though of this….we go to Aldi and my wife offers to take a gentleman’s cart offering him a quarter. He snarls at us so ok.

We get a cart using that quarter, return it, and come back to our car which has that man’s cart pressed up on it.

It dawned on me some could care less about a quarter, it should be $20 instead. After all, one gets the money back upon returning the cart. Let’s see if Mr. Snarly still does that. If he does? $50.

25 years ago I use to hate on Alsi for the lack of quality foods. Tide has turned. Aldi many times has higher quality foods than a Kroger. Kroger has a fancier store with lots of poor quality foods on nice boxes. Aldi has a basic store with better quality foods than Kroger. Want the experience, go to Kroger. Want better quality food at often a significantly lower cost, go to Aldi.

There is an Amish owned "salvage" grocery store that I go to once a month. You can go with a list, but you won't find all of it there...it is more that you buy what they have, that you may happen to need. And there's no predicting what they'll have, it is just whatever they can get a good deal on. Some of it is overstock/overruns, some of it is nearing the end of its shelf life, some of it is new products that flopped, some of it looks like it was loaded on a semi truck that wrecked out on the interstate and laid over on its side... LOL. But much of it is product with no issues.

They also buy a lot of top quality restaurant supply food in huge quantities, and then repackage it (using thick vacuum sealed packages) into consumer sized portions, and are still able to resell it at a good price.

Also... a lot of local Amish farm raised produce, baked goods, eggs, and meats. Really good quality stuff.

• Love
Reactions: GON
Aldi is a good store. Sorry you can’t appreciate it.

2 Pcs Portable Aluminum Alloy Shopping Trolley Tokens Key Ring, Trolley Unlock Release Key for Meters Change or Grocery Shopping Cart(Black), (csljmy20220613-0004) https://a.co/d/1zFPfV2

No pugilist's here I see😕
I'm a huge boxing fan and very familiar with Tyson Fury. But the fake photo in the opening post made me question whether the post was even legit. I've since googled it and found out it is. But that photo...lol.

I can appreciate Fury's skill, but we need to see him against more of the best. Let's see how he fares against Usyk and Joshua (not that any of them are all-time greats).

2 Pcs Portable Aluminum Alloy Shopping Trolley Tokens Key Ring, Trolley Unlock Release Key for Meters Change or Grocery Shopping Cart(Black), (csljmy20220613-0004) https://a.co/d/1zFPfV2
I just keep a couple of quarters in the zipper of my insulated Aldi bag I keep in the car.

I think I got the bag for what this item costs.

I carry one insulated bag with a couple of quarters in it and keep a couple of regular bags inside. Always in my trunk, ready to go.

One thing we do collect on our travels is a Trader Joes bag from any city we visit that has a TJ

Ive been shopping at Lidl for a while now and in the past year I’ve been noticing more higher end cars in the parking lot…newer Benz, Porsche, Land Rover, BMW, etc. Even saw a G wagon the other day…I was looking for Snoop Dog but didn’t see him.

Ive been shopping at Lidl for a while now and in the past year I’ve been noticing more higher end cars in the parking lot…newer Benz, Porsche, Land Rover, BMW, etc. Even saw a G wagon the other day…I was looking for Snoop Dog but didn’t see him.
When I used to eat bread, the Lidl croissants were excellent. Especially the hazelnut variety.

My son works at Costco and sees the local millionaire university football and basketball coaches shopping there often. I guess they are just like regular people?? It kind of blows me away - they can afford house keepers, chefs, etc.. Some tell me that there's a reason some are millionaires (tight with their money). Still, it intrigues me.

Reactions: GON
There is an Amish owned "salvage" grocery store that I go to once a month. You can go with a list, but you won't find all of it there...it is more that you buy what they have, that you may happen to need. And there's no predicting what they'll have, it is just whatever they can get a good deal on. Some of it is overstock/overruns, some of it is nearing the end of its shelf life, some of it is new products that flopped, some of it looks like it was loaded on a semi truck that wrecked out on the interstate and laid over on its side... LOL. But much of it is product with no issues.

They also buy a lot of top quality restaurant supply food in huge quantities, and then repackage it (using thick vacuum sealed packages) into consumer sized portions, and are still able to resell it at a good price.

Also... a lot of local Amish farm raised produce, baked goods, eggs, and meats. Really good quality stuff.
Where is it located?

Back