Despite Tyson Fury being a multimillionaire he says he still shops Aldi and Lidl.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I think a lot BITOGERs relate with Tyson Fury's attitude towards money. One doesn't need to be very wealthy to understand Fury's point.

Despite Tyson Fury being a multimillionaire he says he still shops Aldi and Lidl.

"When I'm in Aldi and my kids are shouting 'He's shopping in Aldi' and then the people say 'You're shopping in Aldi or Lidl I'm like well it's food isn't it?' Everywhere I go people say they don't expect to see me there," Fury told JOE.

"It's not like there's a special celebrity place to go shopping. We don't live like rich people. Whether we're shopping in Aldi or looking for a meal deal or something or taking the kids to a funky Wacky Warehouse place, we're the same.

"I'm not gonna pay £3.50 for a pack of KitKats that's usually on offer, no way! No matter how much money I've got I just won't do it because it's not in me to do that. In our minds we're always poor, no matter how much money you make," Fury added.
"I'll go to Asda, Aldi or Lidl and while I'm in there I'm looking for the deals like a packet of KitKats for a pound and if they're not that, I won't buy them."
367744848_676480857846998_3101053074911553334_n.jpg

Same basic way we live. The more I've made over the years, I still buy store-brand food and shop at discount stores.

Bought some nice jeans at Goodwill not too long ago. Not that I usually shop there, but I'll occasionally wander through and find something worthwhile.

No idea who this joker is, but I don't like traditional grocery stores. I much prefer Trader Joe's. Aldi, Sprout's Target, Costco.

I laughed because I thought the same thing… Who thick is this guy ??

I really like BOTH regular grocery stores and other type stores…

By the way… Trader Joe’s Ketchup is really really quite good and is a outstanding base for a bbq sauce…

Why is his head photoshopped onto someone else's body? They needed a pic of him in Aldi to back the story up and didn't have one? LOL It looks so bad that it reduces the credibility of the story.

The guy is European,(British) so of course he is going to shop at European brand stores.

.. and he has that shopper attitude.

Strafing the thrift shops is as stimulating as any other shopping. No sense spending full price for jeans if you're going under the car in them.
I actually can feel sorry for 'celebs' who can't go out for simple things (groceries, restaurants) without having their space-privacy-peace invaded.

Actually, knowing which sanctioning body he's a champ within is needed when trying to assess his net worth. Also, I believe promoters and talent wright their own contracts. He may be laboring under a 'Three Stooges" contract. Check his wagon for day old bread.

Pictures of Gene Hackman and Clint Eastwood buying gas recently appeared here. I think I would've offered to help Hackman as he looked befuddled.

A Danish laundromat's machines confused me so much I had to go into an adjacent shop to ask for help. Now I'm a celebrity in Copenhagen.
I'm the dopey American who couldn't figure out the dryer.

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
Not a clue who this guy is. Is there a special store where multi-millionairs shop?

Aldi and Lidl have very good quality goods at very good prices.
I like Lidl better for meats and frozen seafood...Aldi for a lot of other stuff. Guy wasn't always wealthy...he's demonstrating his humble upbringing.

I usually shop at WM with the proles. The hoi polli get somebody to pick their orders. I suppose they drive to the pick up area, pop their trunks from in their cars and wait until they are loaded. Nobody gets to see them or hear their jewelry rattling.

Different world.

I usually shop at WM with the proles. The hoi polli get somebody to pick their orders. I suppose they drive to the pick up area, pop their trunks from in their cars and wait until they are loaded. Nobody gets to see them or hear their jewelry rattling.

Different world.
Nice gig if you can get it. If I had the money to splash around like that... well I can't imagine myself doing it regardless, but I have to admit, if I was busy enough earning that money, it'd be easier to do that. I mean, if I was making $100 or more an hour, hiring someone at $25/hr still puts me ahead in life, especially if it was just a few hours of the week.

We have an Aldi fairly close and we frequent it a couple times a week if not more. Their prices are much lower on many items than other nearby grocery stores.

Strafing the thrift shops is as stimulating as any other shopping. No sense spending full price for jeans if you're going under the car in them.
I actually can feel sorry for 'celebs' who can't go out for simple things (groceries, restaurants) without having their space-privacy-peace invaded.

Actually, knowing which sanctioning body he's a champ within is needed when trying to assess his net worth. Also, I believe promoters and talent wright their own contracts. He may be laboring under a 'Three Stooges" contract. Check his wagon for day old bread.

Pictures of Gene Hackman and Clint Eastwood buying gas recently appeared here. I think I would've offered to help Hackman as he looked befuddled.

A Danish laundromat's machines confused me so much I had to go into an adjacent shop to ask for help. Now I'm a celebrity in Copenhagen.
I'm the dopey American who couldn't figure out the dryer.
There was one of Jay Leno as well, pumping gas.

Back