We Bought a 2024 Odyssey

Unless you need clearance, vans are best for family needs.
Like after a Brodozer weekend 😵‍💫

IMG_9791.jpeg

Nice van, congrats! I didn’t realize that the sienna no longer has removable second row seats. Thats a bummer.

But regarding the odyssey, good choice on running VCMuzzler. I can say that we will sometimes see consumption, not a lot, even with it muzzled. No rhyme or reason I can tell, we’ve run all kinds of oils. Our OCI has consistently been 5k, we run the same filter for the interim service, and while we will change brands on the oil and filter change, we never change brands on the interim change. So I’m not sure it’s just not changing oil, but it’s also not a huge issue IMO because the VCMuzzler can be removed so easily. Sometimes I’ll remove it just to keep the eco system operational, fwiw…

Good luck with it!

Nice van, congrats! I didn’t realize that the sienna no longer has removable second row seats. Thats a bummer.

But regarding the odyssey, good choice on running VCMuzzler. I can say that we will sometimes see consumption, not a lot, even with it muzzled. No rhyme or reason I can tell, we’ve run all kinds of oils. Our OCI has consistently been 5k, we run the same filter for the interim service, and while we will change brands on the oil and filter change, we never change brands on the interim change. So I’m not sure it’s just not changing oil, but it’s also not a huge issue IMO because the VCMuzzler can be removed so easily. Sometimes I’ll remove it just to keep the eco system operational, fwiw…

Good luck with it!
It doesn’t. And argument is that they couldn’t do it bcs. safety features.
Interestingly, everyone else could do it.

You sold your 4Runner for this!!! I'm not sure we can talk anymore...

😁

Congrats on the growing family, and new family hauler.

John, great looking Odyssey! A minivan is pretty much a necessity with three kiddos in car seats. You made a wise choice. They make things a lot easier.. The van that is..

My wife isn't a car gal at all, but the only vehicle we've owned that she praised on how much she loved it was our 2007 Odyssey LX. We owned it from new until 2013 and ~100K miles.

Good luck with it!
That's interesting, do you run all 20 grade?

Congrats on both new additions to the fam kiddo/van. It should get you through many years & possibly til the last one leaves the nest.

Make sure to break it in right, dump a bag of chips into the seat! Courtesy of my 2 year old, right after we had the interior detailed and it looked like new. View attachment 214015
That is why I don’t do details. Two packages of Lysol and thorough wiping. Kills all bacteria Bcs. i know if I do something like that, they will leave chicken nugget below seat or something like that.

Nice vehicle for a style whose market share that’s been slowly dying away. However, I still very much enjoy my minivan today as a secondary vehicle. I would agree that with Sienna incorporating airbags into the 2nd row seats, they focused on purpose non-removable design unless with tools and this would be a deal breaker for me too sometimes carrying 4x8 drywall sheets. Have fun with it with your family. Like they say, “It’s not the destination but the journey.”

Congrats, way better MPG and useful for kid duty than a fuel pig 4Runner.

They’ll grow up and she’ll get something she likes better, happens in blink of eye.

Back